Help me choose...

Hey folks. I recently sold my tank but kept a few choice corals in a 10 gallon in our spare bedroom. I have a 12" Ecoxotic stunner in blue to accent the cheap 6500K CFL's I employed temporarily while I light shop. I want to replace the two 6500K CFLs with LEDs...
Should I add to my current plug in Ecoxotic with a Panorama pro 50/50?
OR
Buy the Coral Compulsion 14K Full Spectrum Par 38? I'm a big fan of the look it gives.

I like the idea of being able to add to the Ecoxotic power supply with the easy connects, but it's all seemingly cluttered. I also like the optional reflectors and one touch controller they offer.
Whatcha think folks? Help me out here. [smilie=lol.gif]
BTW, This is LPS/Zoas/Mushrooms...maybe a Montipora in the future. It will remain fishless.
Coral Compulsion: http://coralcompulsion.com/led/led-36w-14k-Full
Ecoxotic: http://www.ecoxotic.com/panorama-pro-module.html

Why not do a DIY kit and add all the colors to give you a nice pop from all the corals. If you look up a build I just did for a nano cube that may give you some ideas. It made his tank look about 10 times better with the couple reds added. I am getting ready to do another nano cube for DavidThomas. This one we are going to add a few other colors to the mix this time to really make all the corals pop. On my tank I have a lot of LEDs and all my corals look great and grow fast. I have seen some of the pre made kits that seem to be lacking some colors and cost a lot more.

I would stay away from the Par38 bulbs as they are made for deep tanks and to spot light sps that is placed low in a tank.

Thanks, I'm not really handy so I stay away from DIY, and without a canopy/hood, it would get too cluttered for my tastes. The par 38 has 6 colors and I can change the 90 degree optics to 120 degree to widen the spread. I like with ecoexotic you can add strips of different color spectrum, but this gets pricey quick. I agree, I do need more than 50/50 colors to make the corals thrive, which makes me lean towards the par38 with 6 colors.
I just already have the Ecoxotic power supply and a blue stunner which would make adding on easy.

@Kelly wrote:
Sherman, thank you very much for sharing that link. It looks like this is a great option....I think you showed me exactly what I'm looking for.
I have zero clue as to what colors to choose for my 12" fixture though. Any ideas?"]
Send them an e-mail of what you want to accomplish and size of your tank and they will customize a light for you and give you exactly what LED"s they suggest, how many, etc.....They responded to me within 24hrs.....

@Sherman wrote:
Sherman, thank you very much for sharing that link. It looks like this is a great option....I think you showed me exactly what I'm looking for.
I have zero clue as to what colors to choose for my 12" fixture though. Any ideas?"]
Send them an e-mail of what you want to accomplish and size of your tank and they will customize a light for you and give you exactly what LED"s they suggest, how many, etc.....They responded to me within 24hrs....."]
Nice! Thanks again.

I would do a reef breeders led fixture Kelly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@kuyatwo wrote:
I would do a reef breeders led fixture Kelly. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
Thanks Pampee, I'll give it a Google real quick, I'm open to anything.

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103176

A lot of good feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://reefbreeders.com/bridgelux_value.html
This fixture? I like the dimensions and colors, it's a bit out of my price range though...

Ive been looking into buildmyled they have a full spectrum 12in led for 120 or so, but i like my tank a lil more blue so i would add a stunner to it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I left a message yesterday at buildmyled.com. Nick called me back today in person and we spoke about his products. Customer service is awesome with this company! He also said they may be at Nextwave and that they will be sponsoring dfwmas soon, which is fantastic on their part. He also gave me a brief tutorial on LEDs in our conversation and I'm placing an order with them online. [smilie=clapping.gif]