HELP Identifying this Anemone

cstierhoff

Membership Expired
Hi all,
Can anyone identify the type of anemone this is?
Thanks,
C Stierhoff
The%20Anemone%20has%20a%20friend.JPG
alt="">

most like just a regular bubble tip, Entacmaea quadricolor...it is very bleached at the moment so could use some direct feeding but should color up in time with good lighting and water quality. will end up a nice rose color, probably with a little green in it.

I own the fish but not the anemone.
The previous owner sold me the fish after the anemone died.
I would like to give him a friend like he has had.

find a bubble tip but not one that looks like that, get one with a solid color. a rose bubble tip like this would end up being should look similar to the srbta do. this is a pic of one of mine.

image.php
alt="">

That looks exactly like the pink tip or purple tip anemone that DNA has been stocking and selling for the last month for like $10 or so. From the size of the clown looks about the sizes of those as well. It it is I'm not sure what people mean by "bleached" and not sure they know either. I've had anemones that people here called bleached and that was it's natural colors and they are still that way today growing to 12"+ and splitting. If the mouth is not all bubbled, puffy or blister like, try putting a small piece of krill or thawed marine blend in it's tenticles.
Watch the clown too to make sure it doesn't beat it to death, the size relationship is important and it could be too small for that guy.

bleached refers to the lack of light gathering organisms called zooxanthellae which reside in the host animals. when they are not present in proper numbers, then anemones look translucent as seen in the first picture. this is not a natural color for a healthy anemone, it does not mean it will not survive or even thrive, it is simply not natural. If given proper care, light and water chemistry included, then it should regain its full color with time. some anemones, most notably sebae's, are purposely bleached before even being shipped so that they have a 'nice' white color. their natural tan to brown is not seen as 'attractive' enough, so to sell them they put them in blacked out holding tanks for weeks to kill the zooxanthellae. some distributors take this one step further and take advantage of the now white look of the nems to die them with artificial coloring.