Having a nano at your workplace

I'm currently looking at getting a nano, as I wait for my main tank to sit in fallow after a bad case of Ich. I know we have a cleaning crew that comes through every night and cleans up everything. How can I be sure that whatever they spray around doesn't get into my tank?

Do other people worry about this too, or am I just being over cautious?

I think it really depends on where you work.... what would they be "spraying" around? You could always put a lid on it.... My mom just went from a office to a warehouse while they remodel and she still has a desk in there but she said she wouldnt keep a tank in there because all of the dust and broken medicine (pharmacuetical warehouse) that floats in the air.

Well, its just a normal office (IT company, software design, etc) I don't know how cleaning crews really work, if they spray stuff on the carpet, and what not. Would a top really be sufficient, you think?

@Siberwulf wrote:
Well said:
I dont really know what people would spray on the carpet... other then maybe cleaning it with a steam cleaner. I mean does it smell like they put stuff in the air every night? I am not a pro at this yet but i am sure if you can keep it up away from the floor (maybe if you sit in a cube you have a shelf you can put it on?) and then a top, and of course do you water changes monitor your levels and what not i think it may be ok....

You could always take it up there and let it cycle at work and just during the cycling watch the water and test it.... see how it does with out any live stock in it... hth a little

Like i said i could be wrong i am still new at this my self...

make sure your company doesnt shut down the HVAC over the weekends or at night or you will cook your tank in the summer. We have this problem at work so I cant take my nano up there. :sad:

I used to clean office buildings at night and would spray Endust, windex, air freshener and in the winter, lysol.
You could put a sign up asking not to spray near your cubical or cover at night.

If your office space looks and smells nice and clean in the morning, trust me, it's been sprayed with something.

Gail

a sign is a great idea...and maybe along with a closed top, have a fan blowing over it so no particles settle on the tank itself when other cubes are being sprayed...keep us updated on how well this works, i was thinking about doing the same thing...