Hamilton MH vs 6-8 T5 lighting

moon24

Membership Expired
Was just trying to get some feed back on anyone that may gone through light changes and see what works better. I currently run 2-250 watt MH on a 75 gallon tank. But do not have any blue lights other than led strips( similar to a stunner) for coral. Would it be better to run a T5 set up with acintic? My fixture does not allow me the space to just add a t5 light so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Can you not run just 1 t5 fixture in the front / back of the MH fixtures? Are you wanting to replace the MHs completely with T5s? If so I'd say you might as well just go to LEDs if that interests you at all. Less power consumption and more controlability.

My $.02

I tried the one T5 fixture in the front yesterday but the MH get the fixture hot, I may raise the MH up some more and see if that helps. I really would like to go to LED's but can't fit them in my budget right now.

I found a pair of Marine Life Tech Nano LED lights fairly cheap. Would anyone know if these are a decent lights?

I run 2x 250w hqi on my standard 75g with no actinics. I used to run aquamaxx 14k(very similar to single ended radium 20k's), and now i run phoenix 14k's just because they're cheaper and would last longer. It's perfect for me as far as growth and color goes. The only reason i'd want actinics is to be able to view the tank when the main lights are off.