H.reidi birthing pics

Hey were new to the forums here. would like to meet some people and make new friends. We have some H.reidi that just gave birth if you like to see some pics...If you'd like to try to raise some fry's let us know , we are willing to give (to the right people who are set up for the task) some for free for ther own educational use.
We also are cultivating our own rotifers and micro algea to feed them through there palegic stage, so we can help a little there as well!!
here's a link to our reef page, it has pics etc..

(The link has been edited out since it was a commercial site. DW)

We are interested in fry.

We have dwarfs and have raised a few Kuda.

We raise rotifers for clown fry (clowns aren't cooperating on the production of fry, but we have S and L rotifers anyway).

We have BBS for the dwarfs as that is all they will eat.

Please PM your location and a convenient pickup time.

Thanks

sorry about notr replying sooner, been a little under the weather the last few days.

We have had several broods so far and have tried countless methods of rearing. The method we developed now is quite promising. Out of several hundred fry we have lost only about 10 in the last 96 hours since birth. We cannot believe how well this simple setup and feeding recipe is working.
Since we are mainly interested in the sharing of knowledge that will help save these guys from extinction here is what we have learned so far..if anyone has any ideals or suggestions lets us know please.

We are keeping the fry during there palegic phase in keisler nursieries. Since most keisler nurseries are quite expensive we decided to design our own since it is so easy to really start the keisler motion.
For those who maybe lost about what the Keisler Action is basically at it's simplest it is a self perpetuating whirlpool that keeps the fry and food suspended and does not allow them to reach the surface and kill themselves by gulping air.We are using airline tubing attached to the inner rounded surface.Slight Airflow is used and the bubble action causes the circulation. The Fish bowls are placed then on egg crate and within a 10gallon that is half filled with RO water. A heater is placed in the tank to allow uniform heating of all 3 fishbowls in each setup. We put about 100-150 fry per fishbowl and place a flashlight that shines right through the centers of the bowls in the "eye" of the circulation. This attracts there food to the center calmest portion of the bowl and the fry have no problems feeding. In fact at any given point most of the fry are visually swollen with food.
We are culturing microalgea "greenwater" rotifers & copeopods. They are kept in 2Liter culture vessles that are harvested daily. We do a 50% water change from the birthing breeding tank every day and take the waste water and recyle in into the birthing tank for purification(UV sterilizer is used to refill the nurseries).Fresh cultured live green water,rotifers and copeopods are then added. We also mix in Phytofeast,Rotirich, and Rotifeast into the water as well as one drop of vitalite for the fry to ingest and there food source as well. They are being kept at 79-80'F with a salinity of 1.023-21 So far this method seems the be the best we have seen. Currently we have a 98-99% survival rate for the 1st 96 hours which I believe is the highest yet attained so far by anyone that I know of!!
Honestly being a professional breeder of animals I was looking for more of a challenge.We have only been at this for a few months. We had picked this species due to the difficulty level being it is considered one of the hardest..personally I was expecting more of a challenge. LOL Hopefully rearing them to adulthood will provide that..we need a fix man...LOL gotta keep it fun and interesting..

BTW anyone have problems with this forum posting..it took me several tries..everytime I hit submit, or load attatchment it prompts me to enter my passoword over and over and over again...what a pain.. i fanally had to shut down my browser and come back in using Explorer..

wow the moderators on this site sure are uptight..they took my link to my site away because I sell snakes LOL

Maybe I should open up my own LFS and really show these people up LOL

I have the cash and the expertise to put almost anyone on this site out business...don't think i can Google me lol

BTW here's the link again..moderator if yoiu can read please read the 1st paragraph of that page!!!

[(Your link has been removed for the last time please do not re-post it, edited by dw)]

Go ahead and ban me from this site it won't matter do you know I am some of your biggest customers..not anymore if you kleep it up I'll become your biggest competitor like I did with many in the reptile biz who started this crap...I am here not to make money but to help people figure out how to breed saltwater animals..I am one of the best most well accomplished breeders around..figured I get some respect here... but obviously you care more about me selling snakes then about your own hobby...LOL call me eccentic whatever...I am still the best there is period..

Let me quote it for you..LOL

My wife and I decided to ad this page to our site to show others how beautiful and rewarding this hobby is. Being a reptile guy my interest are always primary about snakes ,turtles etc..but it has also become a business that can become stressfull from time to time. We do this strictly for the enjoyment it is so addicting and mesmerizing my wife and I rarely even watch TV anymore..LOL

Below you'll find pics of our corals ,seahorses, inverts , fish etc.. I hope you enjoy them, if you ever feel like asking a question feel free to email me.

As always it's me against those who woyuld keep good husbandry down..

Confidence can be a good thing sometimes, and then other times...not so much.

Sounds like a threat, Justin.

You have a nice looking website. I hope you do well. If you can answer questions here, please do.

Welcome to DFWMAS. If you have any questions for the group, please feel free to ask.

we loved to be able to get a few fry
we lost our last kuda's due to us moving and all we kept ours in our 5 gal because wasnt big enough to go into our 40gal i got just for these little guys

Sorry didn't mean to upset anyone..I just don't like people putting $$$ before conservation and I get a kick out of making people like that nervous..so as a "threat" I really don't like that term.."promise" works better, it's much friendlier!!
BTW
I had the oppurtunity to meet Frank Perkins and His Wife....they are absolutley incredible peeps..I also like to thank Frank for his help on an issue had..there the best and I hope the rest of you folks are half as nice and thoughtful as them!!
Best Regards,
Justin Mitcham
*********.com (forbidden since I sell snakes LOL!!)

Justin,

Your breeding techniques would make for a great presentation at a meeting sometime. If nothing else, welcome aboard and hope to see you at a meeting someday.