GSP

I've seen GSP advertised as metallic, electric green, super green and other adjectives I can't remember. Is there really any noticeable difference? Are some really brighter or different from all the rest.

there are definitely some minor differences. i have 2 strains, one has large long florescent green polyps, and the 2nd has smaller more densely packed polyps that are more of a florescent yellow/green - but without having them in the same tank under the same lights, it would be hard to tell the difference.

David, If you want some gsp, I have some super electrified razzle dazzle gsp frags! [smilie=rofl.gif]

Seriously, though, I have never seen any that was brighter green, or darker purple than this. And the tips of the polyps have a cork screw type twist. Maybe all the strains have this, but some have told me that the strain that they were keeping did not.

David

Well when you see the super fluorescent one. You will know that its the cream of the crop. Used to have some of that myself. You do have to have the right light on it though.

There are definitely differences. Some are thinner lighter color while others are thick growing and very bright.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII

Thanks all. Another question. I know it can grow like a weed. If I have it on an island can it get started elsewhere? Will it appear on other rocks like some xenia can or will it stay contained on that one rock. Seems I've heard it will only grow up. Is this true?

it will grow from every edge. up, down, sideways, in-between rocks, across the sand... but ive never heard of it hoping around the tank like texas trash.

+1 Mine has been fine staying on the sand bed. Makes it easy to cut pieces off when it gets out of hand but before it can attach itself to a rock or something else.

I haven't had a tank in a few years but yes there is a big difference and I had some. There is a type that is very bright green. Mostly what I see in the stores is a dull green.