Green tree propagation - Methods of propagation

[Hello -

I have a green tree with 4 distinct trunks that is taking over my tank. I would like to propagate into 4 smaller specimens. I think I have gotten over my squimish nature and am prepared to take a razor blade to slice this fellow up into parts. However, if I do that what method should I use to attach him to something? Glue, epoxy putty, netting, ???

Also, I have heard that I could use a constriction method by using zip ties and slowly tightening until it is severed. Is this a more preferred method than hacking it up with a razor blade?

Regards]

[Hello Ziggy!

My green Kenya, and the pink, both "throw off" branches, which attach themselves to anything they come in contact with.

When they do this, they look "pinched" at the base of the stalk, like a tie made from fishing line was tied around it, until it is pinched off.

If they do not attach on their own, I use the marine super glue to attach it, and they are fine within a couple of days, even with strong flow.

I've sold and given away some of the babies :)

Therefore, my best suggestion would be to make a loop out of fishing line (or strong thread), and tighten it over a period of a few days. Once the stalk is loose or off, you can glue it to another rock.]