Got a 6G NanoCube today... taking all MOD suggestions!!

I picked up a used 6G NanoCube from DNA today :D (they sell their displays cheap after they use them, fyi they have another 6G on the used floor as of noon Fri).

Anyone want to suggest their favorite, weirdest, most clever mods? I'll entertain any idea, and post through each one as I do it.

I know for sure I want more light, higher flow pump, and a fuge area. Will probably experiment with LED lighting on this one and see if I can workout the best setup for fuge & main lighting only with LEDs. They show a lot of promise as the next big thing in lighting.

Any others?? Ideas anyone???

a close loop fuge using a External cannister with submerged lighting is cool. I did one awhile back after seeing it on RC.

Drill out hole in chamber 2. return in chamber 3

Add bulkheads

Attach cannister filter.

I used a dual submersiable quartz light. I had to cut the light cord to keep the hole through the side of the cannister for the lights. Others I noticed drilled through the top I noticed. I was the only one that used a dual light so I could have a light above and below the macro.

Be careful to drill below the water line and where the water height will be constant.

I used a fluval 304 which added over a gallon and a half of water volume to the system.

My nano had the ballasts removed from the hood and placed in the stand by the previous owner to help keep the hood nice and cool also.

You are right, that is the nicest small cube setup i have seen. It looks awesome, and gives me some great ideas.

However, I want to put my cube on a marble counter top, so I probably won't be running an external sump/filter. If I ever move the system off to a stand or somewhere easy to plumb then that really seems like the way to go.

wow, that is awesome, and a $50 tank, i almost want to try it. btw, its a 23 page read for anyone interested and really bored, i started it at work and did not pay attention until i was on the 3rd or 4th page and was like, WOA!

.:edit:. i just scanned the other 20 something pages and the 7.5 gallon looks nice, i think im gonna have to do that...and i love the mantis idea! Also, sorry to jack your thread stratman, good luck with your nano, cant wait to see what you do with it.