GFO in my display tank

Okay...so I'm new to running GFO.
I bought a GFO/Carbon reactor from BRS.
I have the GFO first, then it runs through the Carbon.
The problem I'm having is I keep getting the GFO dust/particles into my carbon, and in my display.
What can I do to prevent this? I'm running them as recommended, but can't seem to keep my carbon clean. I'm currently taking out my carbon every 2-3 days to clean the "rust" out of it. I run the pump (MJ1200) until the water runs clear and put it back in place.
The next day, I can see these tiny particles all throughout my tank, skimmer, etc.
Am I doing something wrong? Is this normal? I've never heard of this being a problem.
I haven't noticed any health problems, but it's rather annoying to have all this brown all over the place...

Rinse it good. Or switch to phosban or rowaphos or phos guard I like those over brs reg gfo

Or run the reactor using rodi water not into the tank but bucket and wait till it clears up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am rinsing it good, or at least I thought I was. I run RO through til clear, but I'm still having the problem.....
You think I'm not rinsing well enough, or maybe should I just switch brands???

Gentle tumble? Has to be slow enough where effluent reads 0 phoshates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run the same setup. Dust particles are always in the carbon chamber but never into the DT. It's normal IMO. Mine is mounted above my sump and takes and returns the water from the return chamber. Nit sure if that is the right place but seems to be doing the job.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

I run the output of my GFO reactor into a filter sock. You might be surprised how much of it gets out even if you rinse it well and prevent it from tumbling too much.

@Critter9905 wrote:
What would you all say is the best way to rinse the GFO? said:
I usually rinse mine when I do water changes. I either use old water or recently, use about a gallon of new saltwater.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2