GBTA bleached

I've had a gbta for well over a year - about six months ago after moving to the 120 - it started bleaching. I know it's eating - it readily accepts food. It has two percula clowns hosting every now and then.

Its now in my 180 not under direct halide lighting but pretty close. It's mounted under the center brace. It has never moved since being in the tank - doesn't seem to be getting harrassed by anyone. It's just lost its color. It doesn't inflate like it used to. Looks more like a white LTA now.

Nitrate and nitrites are very low. Amonia is 0.
Flow doesn't seem to be much of an issue. Its in a moderate flow area that it selected when first being placed in the tank...
Temp has been steady around 78. Lights run about 12 hrs/day..

Everything else in the tank is flourishing beyond belief. sps frags are growing like no other....
Any ideas?

Should have asked what type of lighting you have in your 120. Sounds like it is now content in the 180. Bleaching is not life threatening if treated slowly. I would work on getting its zooanthellae back, and the MH lighting should help. Feed it a VERY small amount of food on a daily basis, and watch your water parameters. It should recover with a little TLC.

Good luck.

If it bleached, is the assumption that there must be SOME zoo left and that the zoo will divide and repopulate the nem?

Yes. That is the reason for addressing the lighting question. Because zooxanthellae is a living algae within the anemone, it is photosynthetic. Some believe it is the primary source of nourishment. Waving tentacles may not be waving solely to capture food, but to present as much surface area to maximize "sun" collecting.

Double check your temp... I got rid of my 75g thinking I had super terrible numbers w/ params but it ends up the temp was at 64 degrees. Of course this was the day that people were going to take everything off my hands. I lost a lot of corals and almost lost 2 'nems. :sad: