Frogspawn

I have a nice 5 polyp frogspawn colony that got wedged pretty deep in the rockwork. I hadn't bothered to take it out since at least 2 polyps were exposed to light and there was a nearby pistol shrimp to contend with.

Well today I took it out and the other 3 polyps are still alive! They have no green in them, they're almost completely translucent with a neon tinge on the outside edges... And a dot of pink on the tips. I'm surprised.. There was really no direct light on them. Hopefully pulling them out doesn't make them melt in the MH lights.

I'll post a picture tonight when the sand storm dies down. Love white aragonite, but it gets everywhere!

Update.. They aren't expanding very much but they don't seem dissatisfied either. On another note my new Acro has new growth tips! Yay!

They look just about exactly the same. From what I remember from the coral sex workshop they'll probably have to get their zooxanthellae from the water column.

They're extending pretty decently but the dark polyp extends 2x more than the white ones.