Free coral and live rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

E488

Premium Member
Shutting down neglected tank.  Some nice pieces available. Wanting to give away rock and remaining coral. About 100lbs of live rock. Some large rocks encrusted with or have coral attached.  Rock and coral are all free. equipment to be posted for sale later. Just want to see someone salvage some of these corals. Tru Acan Maxima for Reefer Madness heydays, struggling but still has several live heads. Nice Rhodactis mushrooms on large rock. green now but will color up amazingly with proper care. Two small micromussa colonies, several Favia encrusted rocks. One Favia colony from frag swap giveaway raffle.I was first winner to pick this pricy frag but don't remember the name, its green now but will color to orange yellow eyes when happy. Neon toadstools on several rocks. Psammacora, Blastomusssas, etc...... No visible SPS. No fish. No inverts.Tank is in neglect mode with algae on all rock so please don't complain. The price is right. Its been my experience that a lot of this rock will start growing stuff that isn't visible now once in proper parameters.  located in Eulessplease follow guidelines below:No complaining about algaebring your own containerssend PM and ill text you addressOnly Sunday 10/1/2017 after 12:00 and tomorrow 10/2/2017 until noon.First come first serve only. If I have texted you address you can inquire about statusmust take the rock that coral is attached to.bring your own containerView attachment 2954   

all live stock is gone. lots of equipment to be posted in a few weeks. Thanks to everyone and apologies to last guy that showed up after all was gone. 

wow that sux if you had already told the last guy to meet you at 12:45 then had some one show up before shame on you, even if the stuff was free sure seems shady.  

I don't want to be rude, but it seems unfair for people to complain about free stuff.I was told I could to show up as early as 12:15,  was 20 minutes late, and there wasn't anyone else there yet.I did try to share with the next two people there.  One person was very happy about it and left with a bucket of coral, the other turned around unhappily before I was done with the first sentence offering some of the things I already had in buckets.As stated in the OP this stuff is going to take TLC to get it back to health and color, but I'll offer up some frags to the club somehow (maybe a frag swap raffle?) once it is recovered.Thank you to E488 for being so welcoming, and good luck with your equipment sales.

I agree climber that you shouldn't complain about free stuff. I believe it's the way it was done. Why give people different times to show up? You then run the chance that the first guy will take it all. You could have at least told them that it's was a battle royale!! I was told to be there by 1245, but by then it was gone. The time and gas wasted is my issue. 

Posted by: DallasOM I agree climber that you shouldn't complain about free stuff. I believe it's the way it was done. Why give people different times to show up? You then run the chance that the first guy will take it all. You could have at least told them that it's was a battle royale!! I was told to be there by 1245 said:
I gave different times based on who sent PM first. I believe you were third hence the 12:45 time. I did not want everyone showing up and having to deal with that mess. jccaclimber showed up late but first and immediately said he wanted it all. As I was texting all others that everything was gone the second guy showed up. I sent you a text at 12:48, 3 minutes after jccaclimber committed to taking everything at 12:45. jccaclimber told the second guy to take what he wanted so he filled a bucket and was appreciative.  jccaclimber offered asked if you wanted neon green toadstools on rock and you stormed off. Had you stayed he would have offered you a lot more but you left so quick. Next time ill just put everything in buckets at the curb on trash day and post "Free Coral Battle Royal" style. DallasOM I have a lot of equipment I'll be selling in a few weeks. I'll give you first dibs on anything I post.  PM to follow in a few weeks when items are ready. If you need any specific equipment PM me and I will let you know if I have it. 

Posted by: aquaman999 wow that sux if you had already told the last guy to meet you at 12:45 then had some one show up before shame on you said:
LOL aquaman999. What you consider shady I consider organized appointments to avoid 10 people showing up at the same time to fight for free coral in a fish room that only has room for two people. How would you have done it? Battle Royal? IMO you should not comment unless you were involved.

I gave different times based on who sent PM first. I believe you were third hence the 12:45 time. I did not want everyone showing up and having to deal with that mess. jccaclimber showed up late but first and immediately said he wanted it all. As I was texting all others that everything was gone the second guy showed up. I sent you a text at 12:48, 3 minutes after jccaclimber committed to taking everything at 12:45. jccaclimber told the second guy to take what he wanted so he filled a bucket and was appreciative.  jccaclimber offered asked if you wanted neon green toadstools on rock and you stormed off. Had you stayed he would have offered you a lot more but you left so quick. Next time ill just put everything in buckets at the curb on trash day and post "Free Coral Battle Royal" style.DallasOM I have a lot of equipment I'll be selling in a few weeks. I'll give you first dibs on anything I post.  PM to follow in a few weeks when items are ready. If you need any specific equipment PM me and I will let you know if I have it. "] 

Status
Not open for further replies.