Fluval Spec V first saltwater exp

Wouldn't let me post pics, said they were to large so I'm just going to link my build from Nano reef.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/357259-colorados-fluval-spec-v-pico-build/

Nice start. If you are in Dallas there are many local fish stores near by you don't have to use Walmart water.
Any reason why you did not start with a bigger tank. The bigger the tank the easyer it is to maintain normally.

@b22 wrote:
Nice start. If you are in Dallas there are many local fish stores near by you don't have to use Walmart water. Any reason why you did not start with a bigger tank. The bigger the tank the easyer it is to maintain normally. said:
I have made the Dallas North Aquarium my home LFS....they seem to have a pretty good selection of livestock.

The distilled Walmart water has had no I'll effects, on the label it does state it does go through the RO process but I guess I could just start using RO water from the LFS.

As far as size goes I would like a larger tank but my budget as well as space in my 1bd apt wouldn't allow for it.

Dallas North Aquarium is a great place to get water. =) Your tank sounds pretty similar to my little office tank I set up. Keep up the good work!