Fluval Chi + BoostLED Rimless 5g

rekabtx

Membership Expired
So I was a member here in 2008-early 2010 under a different username (rekab) but couldn't for the life of me figure out what I used for a password or what email I used so here I am new again. I sold my 24x24x12 rimless lagoon tank and my 25g solana along with some super nice acans, micros, and others back then (if you bought some I'm sure you may remember me) and I'm ready to get back in the salt game.
I'm going a bit smaller for now and will be cherry picking the frags and likely keep a single goby and shrimp or something.

Details:
Fluval Chi 5g glass rimless
Will be running a koralia 240 but currently rocking some nano powerhead for the cycle
Reeflamp clamp from BoostLED with 4 royal blue + 1 cool white par30
6lbs or so live rock (Fiji I believe)
That's it. My old tanks didn't use much for filters and this one won't either. I'm a fan of stability and water changes.

Still cloudy from filling but it's the first shot of it. Next update will be clear with some starter livestock

2be4b22d.jpg
alt="">

@matt_longview wrote:
I love this tank. I want a 5g chi for my office soooo bad. :-) said:
Exactly where this is (home office anyhow). I can work on my computer and stare into the tank sitting next to it. Can't wait to get filling it up.
Also I highly recommend boostLED. These guys gave me 10% off just for emailing and asking about them. Mentioned I was about ready to order a fixture and he gives me a code for 10%. Then two days later it showed up exactly as I was hoping. Very cool guys indeed if your in need of this fixture or a par30.

IMG_2845.jpg
alt="">

This one below is a more accurate shot of the coloration of the bulb. VERY blue with hints of white/red
IMG_2843.jpg
alt="">

This light is proving very difficult to photo and get anything near the correct color in the photos. I'll figure it out eventually. But for now at least, we have life!
Neptunes Cove hooked it up today with a single zoa head, a single pink/yellow blasto head, a multi headed acan, and a multi color frogspawn. Really cool pieces, but very tiny for now. We'll see how these do and then work on getting some nicer frags in there. Luckily since it's so small a frag looks like a colony in this thing haha.