First Cut on RBTA

Sorry I missed yesterday's update. I have been crazy busy here building my coral farm grow out area, had to throw brakes on the old Dodge today and of course the wife needs some attention also. Hopefully I can keep rockin on the coral farm, but my Harley has been apart for four years now and I can't take it anymore. Of those four years I have been to Iraq for one year and laid up another year due to the clavical injury so I have really only missed two rideable years. I think my priority is switching to the bike for a short spell, but I will keep the cutting up to date until there is nothing to update anymore.

Here is todays update. The anemone has closed a little more, but still not completely. Must be patient and remember that it has only been four days since the cut.

The tentacles are so bubbled and full and can't really see much.

I just target fed them a small amount and they are definately trying to get the food to where their mouths should be. You can kind of see something like a mouth opening a little for the food.

Sorry for the lack of updates, but there is not much to note lately, and I have been way to busy with work and putting the Harley back together!!!!!!

The anemones are cruising around the tank and haven't been in a good position for pictures since the last pictures.

I can only see the cut on one of the halves and it looks like a scar, and a rather nicely healing scar at that. I would guess that within one more week you wont even be able to see the "scar".

I think I cut off center also. One half is quite a bit larger than the other, but both are completely healthy. I just may not be able to cut both again at the four week point. The larger half is well on it's way back to uncut size.

Honestly, there is really nothing to update. For the last month I have really only been feeding them, adding water, and changing water once a week. I was going to cut the RBTA again a few weeks ago, but like an idiot I had a small chunk of Live Rock in the Prop tank that it never atached to since October, and guess what, it decided to attach to it for the first time right before I was going to cut it. Needless to say I couldn't get it off the rock without tearing it so I shaded it and waited for it to release. Now it is off the rock and the rock is removed from the tank.

The only problem is, about the same time as it released I got another Harley, have been building a custom Harley to get it on the road, and I started working at Lowes part time to help support my reef and Harley addictions.

Unfortunately, my propagation efforts are slow to on hold for a little while.