First Anemone Attempt

slgcmg

Premium Member
This will be my first try at having an anemone. He is a long tenicle one. Wanted one for my clowns to host in.

Day 1, set it up on a rock about mid level down. Clowns hosted in it immediately, at least 2 of them did, the other 2 were not allowed to go in.

Day 2, completely closed in same spot, foot firmly attached

Day 3 ( Today) Move to the back last night. Will not get much light there at all. Looks to be fimly attached to another rock from what I can tell. Should I make the attempt to move him back to the front?

Tank details are in my sig. Tank was set up in June, All live rock came from a fully established tank. Sand was the live Fiji sand as well.

Params

PH 8.2
Nitrite and Ammonia 0
Nitrate 20
Calcium 380
Alk 9 DKH
Phosphates 0
Temp range 77-78
Salinity 1.024

How big are the clowns compared to the anemone? Also, i would just let it be. It's getting use to your tank and moving around to find a spot that has the perfect amount of flow and lighting. It might not be getting enough light where it's at, but once it's ready anemone tend to stretch extremely far to reach lighting.

You can move it, but the reason it moved is because It did not like that spot. It didn't like the lighting, flow, etc. You can try and move it back to that spot to see if maybe it'll stay.......Did you plop it right on top of the rock work? You may want to try and get the foot to stick on the underside of the rock you want it on, or near a crevis where you want the Nem to be. Imo, It needs a place to retreat to where on top of a rock, it has no place to go

Yeah, set it right on top. Clowns are about 1 inch and the nem is about 8 inches. Think I am going to give it a day before I try anything. It looks to me like it is fully attached to the rock so I definitely don't want to damage it.

He was, now he attached to another rock in the back. I am hoping he will move. From everyhting I've been reading, it may take a few days for him to find a spot. At least I HOPE so... Have also read that some will never come out, die, and ruin your parameters :(

Moved him around today and found a nice rock that has a good size hole for him to place his foot in. Hopefully he will stay there. His mouth is pretty swollen. Do you think he is hungry or stressed?

Here he was last night. Foot is not in the sand. This morning he was back to being closed in the same spot.
apyvu5aj.jpg
alt="">

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

yeah, I'd leave him alone to recover so it can quit being pissed off. I've had mine battle a powerhead and it has recovered beautifully. They are pretty tough animals. If all the other inhabitants are doing fine, I wouldn't worry or mess with it

Well he didn't make it. I really want one but need one that is extremely hardy and doesn't mind some flow and will attach to a rock. Any suggestions?