Fingered Dragonet

Animal Mother

Membership Expired
Anyone have experience keeping Fingered Dragonets? Seems it wouldn't be any different from a Scooter Blenny... just way bigger. I'm thinking about putting one in Layla's pony tank.

Okay, well I couldn't get any bites on RC either... got it anyway.

IMG_2390.jpg
alt="">

Like I said, giant Scooter Blenny.

I have thought about getting one quite a few times, but have not researched it enough. Also it would compete with our mandarin so I am afraid we wouldn't have enough food to support them both. If you don't mind keep us updated on its habits and what it likes to eat please. I will check back here often. BTW I love your octopi. I really enjoy reading and looking through your posts and pictures.

Those are really nice and typically really hardy if they survive the shipping process (which isn't a very good percentage unfortunately). Great find!

Well this one is fat, and it was acting like I would expect it to at the store... like a Scooter Blenny. Since it was put in the tank though it's been hiding in the sand a lot and this morning it is swimming around the top a lot. I'll keep the halides off and hope it settles in.

Well poop. It shot out of the tank earlier and hit the light fixture, and then an hour later the hermits were on top of it.

It hid in the sand 90% of the time and when it wasn't hiding it was looking for a way out of the tank. Saw it eat 3 times. Bummer. Was a really neat looking fish.