FINALLY...A picture of my tank...250 gallons.

It's on YouTube, but I have added a link to see it. I guess it's not bad for a guy that is still learning the hobby. Any comments would be appreciated. Sorry about the reflections...I still have NOT been able to figure out 'good' photography yet despite the threads I have read...

Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=May_zNTiot4

Very nice, i like the rock work. You have put alot of time into it and it shows. I also like the fullness of it. :mrgreen:

@wxman wrote:
Thanks. A lot of work said:
im tellin ya, woo, still workin on it...stands almost done and rock is fully cured, several fish in qt already and im ready!

how old is your tank? Is ti your first? Share the details!

@Aldente P. wrote:
i was thinking the same thing, looks very well put together and there is lots of it, stuff everywhere and so colorful!

Thanks, everyone. Yea, you're right! A lot of time and patience....especially building up the live rock. I thought I would never get done with that, and then adding the corals took forever. Every piece in a unique place. I'm not sure if the depth of the corals are correct in where they should be, but they seem to be doing fine.

Yes, I had avalanches, frustrations, things not 'sitting' where you want them...but I guess that's part of it. Believe it or not, I have the most difficult times keeping clams healthy, BUT it may be because the Flame Angel is picking on them..........but I've never seen it.

I have a large skimmer underneath the cabinet (cleaned daily even though there's very little stuff in it), several pumps circulating water at the top, a top off system, a chiller (temp. kept around 77-78 degrees constantly), a refugium, 3 Halide lamps (250 watts each), moon lights, etc.

Believe it or not, I bought THIS tank (250 gallons) with ALL the equipment...stand, lights, live rock, a 'few' Corals, pumps, skimmer, refugium....ALL FOR $2000! A guy in Fort Worth wanted to get rid of it because he was moving into a different house and did NOT want to deal with it....I DID!

Thanks again for the comments folks, I really DO appreciate it. Right now I'm stocked 'to the barrel' with Corals and don't believe I can get another piece in.

I DO believe in frequent water changes. I change out 20 gallons a week. Considering there's probably 200 gallons of WATER in the tank, I'm changing out about 10% weekly. I do Calcium, Nitrate, SG, and PH checks about every 2 days.........very few problems so far.

I WILL get a generator though. If I lose power for a period of time, I may be screwed on keeping these animals healthy. That DOES make me nervous.

PS: Thank the Lord for 'tongs'........I would have never been able to reach the bottom of the tank without them. Definately life savers....

oh man, the realization moment, wow, i remember that day...noodles all week reminded me how the blasted hobby can drain ya, lol...enjoy it all, and again, really nice tank, you will have to be on a tank tour some day so we can see it in person!

I would be honored to be on the tour sometime....I would love to come to some of the meetings, but Wednesdays are horrible for me as of right now. I do plan on coming to Next Wave 2008, though, and would enjoy meeting some people in this hobby. I find very few IN PERSON.

I hope my tank keeps looking pretty good...It should, I pamper it enough.... :wink:

Nice work, and I agree, the time you put into the tank shows!

How long have you had the tank up and running?

BTW, how is your gorgonian doing? Do you do anything special to keep it happy?

The tank has been up and running for quite a few months. The gentleman that had it before me had it running for several years. When I bought the tank, I also hung on to the water too....so if you count this as a continuous effort, I would guess for a few years.

The Gorgonian isn't the healthiest thing in the tank. I've had it for about 2 months and have lost a branch or two. In general, it's doing alright, but it could look better...LIKE WHEN I BOUGHT IT! :lol: But, anyway, I really don't do anything special to keep it happy...if it is. :? I like it, but have heard that it's not the hardiest thing to keep going.

Does anyone else have these in their tanks? Have you had any success with them? Are YOU doing anything special?

Thanks again for the kind comments about the tank....

very nice job...you could look at that all day long and not see everything...It would also appear that you really like tangs :D ...

Yea. My favorite fish ARE probably the Tangs. I think they are so graceful but yet very demanding. I'm actually trying to add, JUST 1 MORE FISH TO THE GROUP, and that being a <u>Sailfin Tang</u>. BUT, I'm having a difficult time finding a decent sized one right now. If anyone knows where I may be able to get one, let me know.

Tank is doing well and thanks again for everyones comments. I think I could sit in front of it ALL day and observe what is happening. My 'other half' really doesn't show much interest. What a shame .....