FC2 socket

Animal Mother

Membership Expired
I just discovered our 250-watt MH fixture has FC2 sockets. Convenient. :roll:

Can anyone suggest good bulbs that are made for FC2?

@Animal Mother wrote:
I just discovered our 250-watt MH fixture has FC2 sockets. Convenient. :roll: Can anyone suggest good bulbs that are made for FC2? said:
These are HQI/DE socket's correct.....

Hamilton 14K's or reeflux 12K's are good choices imo. You should really try to look at tanks that run a particular bulb/ballast combination before buying, a particular bulb will look different depending on the ballast used.

Cheers,

Yes they are double ended but not like other MH DE bulbs I've messed with. I had another 14K DE bulb I was going to try out but the connectors are different, bulb is smaller. Just caught me by surprise.

@kuyatwo wrote:
phoenix is my hqi bulb of choice. said:
Was wondering, I have read that the phoenix and hamilton's looked the same colorwise but the phoenix was "brighter". It that a true statement.

Cheers,

@Animal Mother wrote:
Yes they are double ended but not like other MH DE bulbs I've messed with. I had another 14K DE bulb I was going to try out but the connectors are different said:
I know the 250 and 175/150 sockets are different sizes which is dictated by the bulb. Is that what you are seeing or are these sized totally different. Are these for MH or MV bulb's?? I was under the impression that MH DE sockets were standard sizes i.e a 150W/175Wsocket fit's all bulb's that size with same for 250W sockets/bulbs.

Cheers,

The connectors on these are different from the 150 watt bulbs I've messed with. Instead of being small and round contacts on each end the contacts are flat and as wide as the bulb.

Like this...
250W_14K_double-ended_b.jpg
alt="">

I thought they were all like this...
hqide.jpg
alt="">

Hi,

I can only find the cheap ebay bulbs that are made in China as far as FC2 sockets. You may want to get something a bit more universal. http://tinyurl.com/4ygglb

Good luck,