DSA Neo-Nano 34g Upgrade

After finding a good deal on a used Neo-Nano, I finally gave in to the kids hounding me to upgrade their 20g. This is more of a before/after pic thread rather than a build thread at the moment. All the plumbing and cable management is temporary until Marc is able to complete the sump I ordered for this tank. So temporary in fact that i'm too embarrassed to post pics from inside the cabinet until I redo it. [smilie=lipssealed.gif]

old and busted...
[attachment=2]photo.JPG[/attachment]

New hotness...
[attachment=1]DSCN6318.JPG[/attachment]

light rack made out of conduit and 3 coats of krylon fusion
[attachment=0]DSCN6319.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=2]DSCN6320.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=1]DSCN6321.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=0]DSCN6331.JPG[/attachment]

Haven't figured out what to do for water movement just yet. I have a Koralia 750 and 240 in there at the moment. the 750 is too much and the 240 not enough so i'm thinking about a pair of the Koralia Nano 425s in the back corners under the overflows where the 750 is in the pic above. I have an old hydor wavemaker laying around that I can use to have these pumps alternate. I would like a single mp10 but don't know where i could put it given the rock structure.

Equipment wise:
Eheim 1250 return pump
Apex Jr controlling blue and white channels on the Reef Breeders value led, heater, and 80mm PC fan over the sump.
TLF Phosban150 w/ phosban
Finnex FugeRay refugium light

Got me a brand new shiny Melev's Reef sump. Going to solicit feedback on my plumbing, first time plumbing in a sump with PVC rather than spa-flex. Anything I'm missing here?

a7y7upuq.jpg
alt="">

y3ureta7.jpg
alt="">

That looks great do you have more pics of the plumbing and sump. Also pics from behind so that I can see how the return is? Thanks

I did add a riser and trimmed down a "T" fitting for the return inside the waterfall. It drains a lot of water into the sump when the pump is turned off (all of the water inside the waterfall area). Stole this idea from another members' build thread but I can't remember who.
u4ute7ep.jpg
alt="">

Great loking tank man. I moss my neo nano and for flow i went with a single mp10 on the side wall and It was perfect. I wanted to do 2 of them under the drain boxes but its to low.

Samsung Galaxy S III

Thanks! I've been tempted to upgrade to an mp10 just for the cleaner look, but I'm getting crazy growth from everything I put in there and i'm kinda afraid to mess with it.

The tank looks great I finally made up my mind and got a new one just like yours that was at my LFS for half price I can't wait to get it up and running

Congrats, I think you'll be happy with it. Hit me up if you have questions or want to swing by and check out my setup.

@C0pe wrote:
I did add a riser and trimmed down a "T" fitting for the return inside the waterfall. It drains a lot of water into the sump when the pump is turned off (all of the water inside the waterfall area). Stole this idea from another members' build thread but I can't remember who. [img]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/27/u4ute7ep.jpg[/img] alt=""> said:
Hey! I'm plumbing in my neo nano today and just came across your build. Very nice! Quick question. I can't really see what you did with the riser and "T" fitting for the return, but my gut tells me I need to know! Can you give me some advice on how to build one? I'm guessing you put a 90 elbow on the bulkhead, added a riser pipe upwards and topped it off with the "T" fitting and you cut away the top "arms" of the T. Is that right? How is it working out for you? Any other build advice?

Thank you so much!
Keith

That's exactly right Keith. It works great, very little back-flow into the sump when I kill the return pump.