DSA 65 Rimless

Yubo

Membership Expired
After slowly piecing out my last aquarium I was only left with the live rock. I just couldn't leave the hobby so it's time to use that live rock in a new build. This past weekend I went out and bought this beauty. Time to build me a stand!!
[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361831364.515028.jpg[/attachment]

I bought it at Dallas North Aquarium
If your a member you can get 10% discount. They have a DSA 105 gallon rimless I really want, but the 65 gallon is good enough, For Now!!

@meirvin wrote:
Nice tank!! Mine is currently cycling. [url=http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=104747]viewtopic.php?f=100&t=104747[/url] said:
Thank you!! You have a beautiful setup!
Hope to get mine wet soon

Well today I bought a nice little led fixture probably going to hang it.
[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361920691.374652.jpg[/attachment]

Also order two used mp10's from members in other online forums, hope that's enough flow. Now I need to find a skimmer and sump/refugium.

Bought my material from Lowes to make my stand yesterday so I will post a pic of my progress tonight.

Thanks guys!!
Appreciate the input

This is how far I got on the stand tonight two days work, a few more moldings and then the stain.

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361932310.191631.jpg[/attachment]

Very nice wood work! If I pull the trigger on a 105 rimless, I may need your plans on that stand!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks guys!!

Finished the molding on the stand today and stained the inside.
[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362000265.678835.jpg[/attachment]

thats nice for sure

I didnt double check that my sump would fit and ended up trimming and repainting a bit so.....

basically I just made my side supports too wide by 1/2 inch

@meirvin wrote:
thats nice for sure I didnt double check that my sump would fit and ended up trimming and repainting a bit so..... basically I just made my side supports too wide by 1/2 inch said:
Thank you!!

You have nice woodworking skills made your stand beautiful.

Well I bought this sump to have all sorts of chambers, then decided not to mess with it and buy a different one.
[attachment=2]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362120985.032809.jpg[/attachment]

But today I pulled the trigger and....
[attachment=1]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362121017.872056.jpg[/attachment]
Broke the baffles out and diy it probably I'll do a easy 3 chamber refugium. I wanted a media tower, skimmer chamber, DSB for Mangroves, refugium, return, and a ATO water area in it but to much for the small space.

Also hanged my new fixture just need to cut the excess hanging wire.
[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362121369.305689.jpg[/attachment]

I am wondering what to do with my excess wire as well I figured if I cut it it would fray? let us see how you solve this

There are some small aluminum bits you can put over the end of the wire and crush it in some pliers. Check Home Depot near where that type of cable wire is sold for options.