Dried out DI

Opus

Premium Member
I found a bag of DI that I had forgotten about and it is dried out. Is it still usuable just not as efficient or is it worthless and just chunk it? I've done a few searches but couldn't find a definate answer.

Maybe just remoisten it, I know when they recharge di resin they let it sit in ro/di water and then rinse it in ro/di water. Send brs an email if you can't get a definite answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seem to recall it is supposed to stay moist. That said, if it is not too much trouble and you have the proper TDS meters, you could just use it and see if it does anything.

The rule is to make sure it stays moist. That's all I know.

Only reason I can see why you need to keep it moist is maybe when it dries out the beads lose their positive and negative ion attraction ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Marc wrote:
The rule is to make sure it stays moist. That's all I know. said:
I figured if anyone knew it would be you! It is time to change out my DI so I guess I will just try the dry stuff first and see what happens. I guess the worse thing is it doesn't do anything. I've got a bag of moist DI but my wife found this bag in the closet. I'm getting old and forgetful because I remember looking for a bag of DI that I knew I had but couldn't remember what I did with it.

Yes, please do. I gave away one a while back to someone because it was bone dry, and they never told me how it worked. Or didn't work. ;)

Ok. Wednesday I put RO water in the bag to moisten the resin. I put the formerly dried out resin in my RO filter today. Going into the DI filter it is 16 and coming out is 0. [smilie=clapping.gif] [smilie=clapping.gif] [smilie=clapping.gif]

Nice to know since I think it was a full bag and I probably have 2 or 3 more refills left in that bag now. I also have another full bag so I'm set for DI for awhile. I really should check my current supply before I jump on these group buys.

Keep watching your results, and let us know how long it lasts. I'm happy it wasn't a wasted purchase.