Dosing for SPS

I'm trying to develop a list of the exact products that I'll be using to dose for an SPS only tank (literally, just utility fish, a handful of snails/hermits maybe). Here's my list. If anyone has any suggestions please give me your input. I've read WAY too much about this stuff and I finally sat down last night, compiled all of my info and developed my list. Also just to say... I'd likely use several of the more expensive products but if I can find a similar end result that's cheaper I'm trying to. In some cases, quality cannot be compromised! :)

Here's my plan. It'll be in a very over skimmed, biopellet run system.
Kalk Reactor controlled by AC3
Controlled by Dosing pump - E.S.V. B-Ionic Calcium Buffer Part A
Controlled by Dosing pump - E.S.V. B-Ionic Calcium Buffer Part B
Controlled by Dosing pump - E.S.V. B-Ionic Magnesium

Manual Dosing
*Korallen-Zucht ZEOfood 7 Coral Food w/ Amino Acids
*Korallen-Zucht ZEOvit Pohls Xtra
*Brightwell Aquatics MicroBacter7
*Kent Marine Lugol`s Solution

Anything you would drop off/add and why?

Thanks!

I'm have a similar set up. My Kal is on my ato and I use 2 part with dosing pumps. I'm also using the exact same supplements dosing manually.. Its working for me really good ,Sps corals have improve in color

Ive been told that lugols is not the right form of iodine for long term use, something doesnt breakdown right or something. I use brightwell iodion and im happy with it.

@cabi wrote:
I'm have a similar set up. My Kal is on my ato and I use 2 part with dosing pumps. I'm also using the exact same supplements dosing manually.. Its working for me really good said:
I'm glad to hear someone else did research and came to the same conclusions. So obviously you wouldn't change anything... or you would have changed it in yours already! :)

Are you following bottle directions for dosing or changing things up any? I was considering dosing MB7 less often than suggested when the tank is running typically, but dosing extra anytime a large number of corals were added to the system.

@Shmoopy wrote:
Ive been told that lugols is not the right form of iodine for long term use said:
I'll definitely do a little more research on lugols. Thank you for the tip! :)

You might check sunnyx build thread on r2r. He has a beautiful tank and doses lugols and zeovit product like myself. I just dose a drop a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll check that thread for sure. Thanks for the heads up. I actually searched for and found your dosing schedule in your build thread and researched each one of those when I was putting together my plan. So thank you for going into that much detail about your dosing in your thread! It really helped.

1+ on Pampee that guy has some nice stuff. I also dose once daily on Lugos and the rest I dose half of what is recommended!!?

After doing a bit more research I've decided to cut out one of the dosing pumps. I can manually dose Mg occasionally. Doesn't seem like something that will need done often.

I've also decided to go with Seachum salt, and (since I don't need a full gallon of Mg) Brightwell Aquatics Magnesion instead of B-Ionic.

If anyone has anymore input on the dosing.. please chime in!

If you seen Sunnys dosing list my is very similar to it http://www.rimlessreef.com/1/post/2009/7/updated-dosing-list.html that's he's old list but he had great results I don't use any dosing pumps I don't see the need for it yet I takes me 30 seconds to do all my dosing any way i do wait an hour between the calcium and alk

Thank you for the link omar. The dosing pumps will just help me save time. Also... when I go out of town I want this to be as easy as possible for my tank babysitter! Lol.

Dosing pumps will make it easy for sure. I travel alot so I really like them specially my wife I dont have to tell her to dose any more?. I don't really think you need a pump for mag unless you start seen that is dropping to much ,you can always add one later ?

Yeah that's true if travel allot. I don't so thats why I don't use them I have the aquamedic once before and I did not like them at all for some reason one would pump more than the other

+1 on sunny X tank he has great husbandry when it comes to sps.. one suggestion to your method I would have the recomended dose when it comes to using Biopellets they work great the problem is that they work too good.. having an ULNS(ultra low nutrient system) can have some adverse affects on sps corals causing them to pale) using amino acids can help with this though,,