donna's new 3g Nano

A club member, not sure if I should mention her name.... :) surprised me with a Nano a couple of weeks ago for my birthday.

Sooo, I couldn't wait any longer... its been up and running for a bit and then today, I took 4 of the 10 eight week old Reidi babies and put them in.

They darkenned right up...as soon as I transferred them over. Here's the first set of pictures.

donna

haha, i like that picotope setup you've got. i got the same tank and i just got done drilling it for a sump i am fixing to add. hopefully i'll have it up sometime this week and i'll take pictures, nice tank though!

How many gallons is your tank and what kind of filtration does it come with. Also does it come a light? I want to set up something like this for my wife who has become instreasted in seahorses.

@bolis03 wrote:
How many gallons is your tank and what kind of filtration does it come with. Also does it come a light? I want to set up something like this for my wife who has become instreasted in seahorses. said:
donna's new 3g Nano

Currently all I have in this little 3 gallon is a mushroom rock, a few pieces of LR and some live plants. I'll be adding more to it in the weeks to come.

Daily water changes... some things never change! lol

donna

Donna, I don't think you have enough tanks! What are you going to do for your next one?:D

That looks great! I am glad to see that you guys are having sooooo much success with the mini stallions.
-Chuck

Thanks Chuck we are not out of the woods yet with the little guys but we take it one day at a time.

Honestly though I am on a tank reduction plan myself. we have 4 right now and that is my upper limit for sure. Donna has been real good at taking care of them and she has done an outstanding job.

That is an awesome little tank. I was telling Frank to set his up with that giant Peacock Mantis he had for the past couple of weeks, but he wouldn't go for it.

Your tank looks great. Those are tank raised horses? Sweet!

@Marc wrote:
That is an awesome little tank. I was telling Frank to set his up with that giant Peacock Mantis he had for the past couple of weeks said:
Yes Marc... we still have 10 of the 2 1/2 mo olds...and 20-22 of the 2 mos old! (I'm losing count on their ages... ;) )

The rest of them are in a 5g Nano! lol

I feel like Kat now... a tank in every room of the house!! LOL
(Luvs ya, Kat..lol)

Its a cool little tank, I added a handful of Ricordia to it the other day. It won't take much to fill up this lil baby tank! :)

donna

I was just looking at getting one of those for my office (at home). Do you think it could house my little clown goby? I don't want to put him in the 75 gallon when I transfer everything else over, and I don't want to keep the 20 gallon just for him.

@dime079 wrote:
donna said:
dime079... we purchased the pair from Exotic Aquatics... they normally have them on hand.

EDIT::: OOPS, thought you were asking about the Seahorses! :)

Thanks Frank! lol

donna

We bought ours at Frank's but I have seen them at other shops in the area. Pretty sure DNA had them.

Seems like I saw them at PetsMart in Nashville but I don't recall seeing them at the local one.

They are JBJ PicoTope's so Exotic Aquatics should be able to get it for you if they don't already have them.

@mgterry wrote:
I was just looking at getting one of those for my office (at home). Do you think it could house my little clown goby? I don't want to put him in the 75 gallon when I transfer everything else over said:
Did some research. Not sure what kind you have... but this is what I found on the web::

MarineDepotLive General Notes: The Gobiodon citrinus grows up to 2 inches. The Citron Clown Goby, prefers a tank of at least 20 gallons with plenty of places to hide & swim. The Gobiodon citrinus is a carnivore and likes to eat brine & mysid shrimp and other meaty treats. The Citron Clown Goby, is a low maintenance fish and may act peacefully toward other fish. Reef-safe.

LiveAquaria.com The Yellow Clown Goby is common within the reefs of the Indo Pacific, found usually among soft and hard coral colonies. They are a small stocky shaped fish with a very large head for their size. It requires a 10-gallon or larger aquarium preferably with branching coral. It will rarely become aggressive towards other fish, but will fight with its own kind in smaller aquarium. Therefore, it is best if it is kept with other docile species.

I would suggest doing some research.

Hope this helps you!

donna