Domino Clown Eggs Hatching Tonight! (8th day at 9-10pm)

rboschetti

Membership Expired
I'm a hobbyist of 2 years and my dominos had their 3rd batch of eggs. 1st batch didn't hatch and 2nd batch 10 babies but only survived about 3 day. I do have another tank set up but don't grow plankton/rotifers and still trying to learn all the technical aspects of breeding. I was out of town and have not been able to order rotifers and was hoping there is a pro in the area that can come see my set up, bring live food and help me raise these babies. The clowns are healthy and have spawned 3 times within 2 months so I think they will be a great pair for breeding. I have a 130g they clowns are in (eggs on a rock with the anemone so I've just pulled that rock out and used the same water from tank and put in my 30g hospital tank). I was planning on buying a 10g tank tonight which should be better. I have the heater, air stone, light...

Please call my cell or email me and come help! I'll either pay you for your time or we can discuss getting a baby(ies). I've been out of town and don't think I have time to get stuff from liveaquaria in time so please help! I didn't have time to move them into other tank last night so hope they aren't hatching today! Really want to keep improving the success rate and get some babies. If you have extra supplies or can tell me what store to go to that would be great!

I live off 423 and Eldorado in Little Elm, a few miles west of the tollway.

Ryan
972-835-1008
ryan.boschetti@gmail.com

No, only 3 hatched and made it through a couple days. There are a couple things wrong I think: I was feeding rotifers I bought but learned they must be enriched and I didn't do that. Also not sure if its the adults' diet but they get mixed variety of brine and pellets - can I add anything to their diet? arlic a little too. And..when I move the rock into other tank, I've seen some pests (like centipedes) and killed a few but several eggs get cloudy, not sure if they are killing them. Female getting fat again, maybe another batch next week. Someone commented under the help wanted post I put suggesting to leave the rock in main tank and siphon out the babies. I just need to get the rotifer/plankton diet thing understood a little more.

Tim, do you breed fish or just have a tank? Please chime in for any suggestions..

No breeding of any saltwater fish so far... In our freshwater tank we have had a bunch of babies grow up in our tank, but I have not had the salt water tank long enough to see anything like that. I posted just wondering if any had made it and also because it's nice to know someone else in the area with a tank.

If you can get pictures of the worms you are talking about I would post them on here and see if anyone can ID them. I hear some are great for the tank and some are pains.

Tim