Diy skimmer

[Wanting to create a DIY Skimmer for a 2000 gallon system. Anyone want to help? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
James]

[Aquarium Mart has a 7-8 foot skimmer that the previous owner made(?) just sitting in the back of the store. Maybe a little large but someone could use it someday.]

[James,

You might check with George Weber here:

http://www.geosreef.com/equipment1.html

He's a great dude, and been a personal friend for some years. I actually have the first CA Reactor he ever built for sale. Actually I twisted his arm to build it for me, but that's another matter.... Aside from CA reactors, he has built many different kinds of skimmers, and recently a phyto feeder that was written up in Reefkeeping magazine.

I'm sure he'd be more than willing to help. Tell him I said hello!

Duane]

[Checked with GeoReef and we possibly have something going on. Still waiting for him to reply.

Thanks Duane. And yes, he remembers you. LOL!

Thanks,
James]

[I built a skimmer out of a 4" PVC cut to the correct height.

Using a MAG3 with an airtube feed on the imput side via 1/2" PVC/fitting. Works well! Cost $30-$40ish -pump.]

[First the PCV was to high. So I cut it down where it was 1 inch above the water.

I had issues in the input. Bubbles would be to big or not good.
I'm using 1/2" pvc drilled with a fitting on it. Air hose goes on that. Fitting sticks out 1/2 in the pipe so water has to go around it. Doing nothing with the air hose. I played with a air pump and other stuff, the MAG3 works well in the config listed above and get good bubbles. PM me Sunday and I'll take you some pix.]