Disease I.D. ?

Yeah most likely a sponge. For the most part its harmless, but if you notice your zoas wont open, they may be irritated by its presence. If you dont want it, simply leave he frag out of the water for a couple of minutes. Sponges wont survive being in the open air, while zoas will be fine out of water for short peiods of time.

Thanks, Dylan and Gumbyke. I suspect it may be sponge as well, the only thing that makes me think it may be something else is that it does'nt feel like sponge but that may be because it is still fairly thin. I'll pull it out of the water for a few minutes and see how it goes.
Thanks again,

No disease, healthy tank syndrome! ;)

It's just a sponge, good filter feeder. It's an unfortunate location where it's at and if you really don't want it just take the rock out of the water for about 5 minutes.

Thanks Wes. I took it out for about five minutes earlier today, it was pretty much taking over the coral so I felt like it was a good idea. Thanks to all who replied,

I had this happen to some zoas i got direct from vietnam. They all ended up dying. The more that stringy white stuff spread the more faster they died. I even sucked it off with a turkey baster. If its the same as was on mine (and it looks like it) it is definatly not a sponge. You might try and iodine dip. Are the palys a new addition?

I've had them for about three months now. I think that it is sponge because when I took it out it felt like sponge and was very attached, not very easy to remove at all. Thanks for your reply....I'll keep ya'll updated.

@Mike-N-Deb wrote:
I've had them for about three months now. I think that it is sponge because when I took it out it felt like sponge and was very attached said:
If it is a sponge you should know pretty soon after exposing it to air, as sponges cant deal with that. If it still hangs on dip it! There are many threads on here to deal with Zoa's so just do a search on dipping and disease's [smilie=wink.gif]