DFWMAS Frag Swap, May 20th

Or make people think why can't we have something like this when we are a lot larger area.   How did you manage to organize such big events when you were in charge but now we can't.   Is it just a total lack of interest in the Dallas/Ft Worth area?

I think organizing a big event like the ones we see around the country takes a dedicated individual with the right contacts, backing, and amount of time.  

This is the thread about the Frag Swap this weekend.  We can definitely discuss planning another Next Wave event in a new thread.  

Our clubs Frag Swap was never intended to be like the one you posted.  It's always been about the local members, hobbyists, and sponsors.It's hard for us to compete with something like what you posted.  For instance the venue we chose wouldn't accomodate all of those sellers.  There are a couple of vendors on their's that we normally like to include.  However, we weren't aware of the corals for charity event when we made the arraingements with our venue.As it stands now, we will have a small frag swap targeted to our members and hobbyist in the area or anyone who would like to come socialize and meet some of the members and buy some great corals.  Even though it will be small, you will get some great corals at great prices.  Heck you may even win some great raffles.Again, we tried selecting a date when there was not another frag swap, we just didn't know about that one.  We will try and do a little more homework next time.  

Hi all - excited to check this out !  My daughter has a tennis match at 12:20 in Southlake, and I'm hoping to be able to swing by before everything is closed down.  Thanks for organizing .  

Someone bought a couple zoa frags from me. I found them on the table, I gave them to Billy M due to me living so far away from the area. 

Thank you again to the BOD for organizing this event.  I was a bit nervous at first with people dropping out, but ended up having a really good time.

Thanks to the BOD for organizing this!  I came by for the lat hour, met some great folks, learned a few things, and came home with some cool new frags.   That was my first reefing event of any sort, and I'm hooked.