Derasa clam has tear in mantle

Hi guys,I wanted to give you another update on the clam. After slowly increasing the light intensity by 15-20 percent (so far), it is looking much better. The mantle is extending a lot more that it used to, it's more responsive, and I noticed a thin white line around the outer edge of the shell, so I think it is growing again.  So thanks again to everyone for the great advice.  It really helped. GView attachment 3583

Posted by: Grumpyfish Hi guys said:
3583[/ATTACH]"]Great news.  It's always nice to see a clam recover from a bad situation, especially given how rare that is.  I trust all of the coral in the tank is taking the lighting increase well?  Did you change anything other than a lighting increase?  Are you planning to increase the lighting more?

Thanks. However, I don't want to jinx it by declaring success just yet. I'm still an amateur at this. All of the corals seem to be taking the lighting increase really well.  In fact, I think several are even improving!  Not only that, but the green hair algae I didn't realize I had really seems to love it!  Now I need to buy some more snails and a toothbrush.  I think I will increase the lighting another 10 percent or so and see how that goes. Other than the lighting, the only other thing I did was to rearrange some of the rocks to give the clam more room. As a result, I don't think it's getting as much direct flow now, which it seems to like. The clam is still moving around some, so I may need to tweak the flow a little more. 

Crap! Woke up this morning to discover that the clam has developed another hole. This is not the old hole reopening but a new hole.  I'll start the iodine dips again. I'm wondering if my nitrate and phosphate are too high. Everything reads 0 but I have been battling GHA, and I know I overfeed, so I'll cut back on that. I may invest in some PhosphateRX instead of bothering with GFO. Today is water change day, so that should help. 

I don't know the par value, but I actually increased light levels when I first had problems withthe clam, and that helped a lot. Maybe I need to increase them more. 

I just remembered that I have some PhosGuard that I've never used. I think I'll use half a dose of that to get the phosphates down until I can get some PhosphateRX.