David's 300 Gallon Room Divider Build

winwar

Membership Expired
Finally, I have time to share my 300 Gallon Room Divider build.
300 Gallon DD - by Planet Aquarium
Stand and Canopy was built by me ... (this was a first time built.. so, it was not work perfect after a few modification ..)

Light: - I have made many change on the lighting. First I went with 6 Ecoxotic Panorama LED to 6 Aquatic light LED to 6 Radion Gen 2 LED... but I wasn't happy with performance of the LED.
Finally, I went with 3 Metal halide 400 Watt (20K Radium bulbs) supplement with 2 radions for actinic... I am very satisfy with this light now (I lost quite a bit of money because I bought new and sell use)

Circulation - This brought me lot of headache because of room divider with 8 foot long ... However, after few adjustment, I finally go with 1 MP 60 and 2WP60 (WP60 controlled via Apex).

SUMP and Filtration - 60 Gallons acrylic sump connect with 27 gallons cute
I only used one pump (ReeFlo Hammerhead/Barracuda Gold Hybrid Pump (6000/4600 GPH)) to control the whole system - Return, GFO, Carbon and Chiller.

This is a little dangerous if the pump fail. However, the circulation pump will keep my live stock alive for few days..

Dosing - First I went with Calcium reactor GEO - Bought new and sold use (Lost $$$ [smilie=lipssealed.gif]. I like it but I took too much time to dial it..
Finally, I am very satisfy with Bubble Magus BM-T01 Dosing Pump. This dosing method is much easy to use.

Bucket - You can get them at Walmart ($3 per each) - 1 gallon
Bulkhead - Push Connect Bulkhead $3.39 (http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/1-4-push-connect-bulkhead-tank-adapter-1.html)
Clear Acrylic tube $2.12 per each (http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/1-4-clear-acrylic-tube-16-long.html)

Total is $10 per each ... a reason I like it because it save lot of space in your stand. It worked perfect for me ...

Yes I got it up and running almost 1 year
Still not very happy with the wave flow
8ft long and room divider is nice but not for flow direction

Did you finally get the flow right? Looks like I will be setting up a room divider, and I can't put my vortechs on opposite sides. I was thinking of going the route you did with vortech on one side and mp60 on the otherside.

After a year of try to modify the flow, I finally happy with 2 WP60s controlled via Apex ($80 vs $675). I did bought extra 2 WP60s for just in case the WP60 goes bad then I can replace it right away. I moved 2 MP60 to my new 300 Gallon Deep Dimension.

That looks amazing. What is the placement of your wp60's? Opposite sides of each other or the same side?