Coral suggestions (for a beginner) - Coral ideas for a nano.

JumboAg99

Membership Expired
[I have a 10 gallon that I'm using as a training tank. (I have plans to set up something larger within the next 6 months.) The tank is a standard 10 gallon aquarium. 10lbs of live rock, 1.5" - 2" sand bed. 1 28W Coralife 50/50 for lighting.

What would you suggest as good starter corals for something this small with this amount of light available?

The tank has 1 mushroom in it that was hitchhiking on the rock and it appears to be doing fine.

I have 1 fish in it. It's a small "DeathCo" Perc I bought. It seems quite happy. Eventually I will probably add 1 more fish, but that will be it.]

[The first coral I gat was a small "Frogspawn" I had regular floresent light at the time and that and some "GSP" did great. The "GSP" spread to some ajoining rock.

Good luck, Come to the meeting and join the raffle! That is where I got most of my frags. :beerchug:]

[
The first coral I gat was a small "Frogspawn" I had regular floresent light at the time and that and some "GSP" did great. The "GSP" spread to some ajoining rock. said:
That's actually the one coral I have in the tank b/c I'd heard that they were good for beginners.]

[Some good choices would be:
* green star polyps
* zoos
* mushrooms
* ricordia
* Xenia (requires good water quality)

All very hardy. They're so easy even an Aggie should be able to keep them.

Good luck]