Copperband Butterfly Fish Not Eating

nemonewbie

Membership Expired
My Copperband Butterfly Fish is not eating. My other fish are eating just fine. I am feeding Mysis and Brine Shrimp. All the fish (5) came from a friends tank and they know each other very well. I have had them about two weeks and until the last few days, I have not seen the Copperband eating, when I feed them. I feed the fish once a day. I talked to some people at a couple LFS and they said, don't worry, it will eat when it wants to eat. I don't want it to die. It doesn't act sick and it is moving around the tank, as it always has, since I got the fish. I am going to take the water to get it tested. My salinity is 1.026 and my pH is between 7.9 to 8.1. Water temp stays around 77 degrees. Any advice would be great.

Roy

@Marc wrote:
[I]@vanmck wrote:[/I][quote="I have a CBB and have to feed it black worms Van said:
Where do you buy those, Van?"]
I think the true perc used to sell them, maybe they still do?

Ok. When I first got mine, I would put food in a separate little area for the copperband to eat so he didn't have to compete or food. Worked well for me. But initially he ate off the reef. Worms, aiptasia etc