Color change in wild colony

[Hi guys,

I got this colony in Houston around the first of August. Of course, it was a wild colony, and has taken a while to color up, but I am really diggin the color it is turning. Just wanted to share this.

4874-Medium.jpg
alt="">
August

purpleacro.jpg
alt="">
Last week (March 8, 2003)

Thanks for looking
Scott]

[@spsphreak wrote:
Hi guys said:
Love that purple color! Very nice. It's hard to get them to not turn a little green it seems liek when they are wild colonies. I have one I bought at MACNA that was yellow with purple tips and it looks like it's going to turn all purple too, with flourescent yellow/green polyps no less. ???]

[That is awesome, Kevin. This one was just starting to color up when you came over, but in the last week or so, wow. This one has yellow polyps now. I am gonna try to get a close-up, so that you can see the polyps. You are right, lots of the wild colonies do try to morph to green, but usually if given time they will morph back. I have had a few do this. I tell ya what though. For the most part, the hardest ones to keep color on are those light branched tri-colors.

Scott]

[Rob,
Still working at DAS? Hope you guys are doing well too, havent seen you for a while. Missed you at the last meeting. Talk to you later
Nick]

[HI Nick,
Everyone is doing great. And No I am no longer at DAS. Just wasn't working out.
We missed one meeting because we were out of town, we missed last months too. And I may miss this months because I will be out of town again.]

[Man that sucks... meetings and DAS. Im taking the first steps into propogation...

Bought myself some eggcrate and a 175 MH for under my stand(if it dont get too hot).

Now to find some bud vases or make some concrete pegs...]

[@nvillacci wrote:
Man that sucks... meetings and DAS. Im taking the first steps into propogation... Bought myself some eggcrate and a 175 MH for under my stand(if it dont get too hot). Now to find some bud vases or make some concrete pegs... said:
Nick,

Instead of bud vases... How about setting up a tray of moist sand about 6 to 8 inches deep, make holes all over by poking with your finger and then fill the holes with agrocrete. After it dries you will have the pegs your talking about.

Barry]

[hmmm where do i get agrocrete then? BTW I was trying to get bud vases because they can easly fit in the holes of eggrate]

@nvillacci wrote:
[hmmm where do i get agrocrete then? BTW I was trying to get bud vases because they can easly fit in the holes of eggrate] said:
[Mix portland white cement from home depot, aragonite or sugar sand (calcium-based), and a little tank water. Fill them into the finger molds in the wet sand and leave a little mound on top, and you'll make those aragocrete plugs that Walt Smith Farmed colonies use.]