cloudy reef water (fixed)

Catjuggler

Premium Member
Hi everyone its james i have a 46 gallon reef tank that has been going great. I got a bubble nem yesterday and it started to split now i have cloudy water. It only took about 2 hours to cloud up and im kinda worried. Are the 2 related or is the cloudyness due to something else.
i checked my lvls and everything was good.
I know this is open to a bunch of answers but i would really like to pinpoint the area i need to start looking.

@Catjuggler wrote:
Hi everyone its james i have a 46 gallon reef tank that has been going great. I got a bubble nem yesterday and it started to split now i have cloudy water. It only took about 2 hours to cloud up and im kinda worried. Are the 2 related or is the cloudyness due to something else. i checked my lvls and everything was good. I know this is open to a bunch of answers but i would really like to pinpoint the area i need to start looking. said:
My guess is that your nem had a spawning event in your tank and I would run some carbon and do a partial water change and everything should be OK. Also keep an eye on the water parameters.

Mine have done this from time to time in our 75 gal tank.

@washingtond wrote:
My guess is that your nem had a spawning event in your tank and I would run some carbon and do a partial water change and everything should be OK. Also keep an eye on the water parameters. Mine have done this from time to time in our 75 gal tank. said:
Thats what i was thinking too, just wanted to hear it from some people with exp.

@bimmerzs wrote:
Didn't you just add more livesand to your tank also?? said:
Nope, that was for my 90 rr that i just set up. Its done cycling just have some nitrates to get rid of and ill post some pics. its my first big tank so im really excited

@Catjuggler wrote:
[I]@bimmerzs wrote:[/I][quote="Didn't you just add more livesand to your tank also?? said:
Nope, that was for my 90 rr that i just set up. Its done cycling just have some nitrates to get rid of and ill post some pics. its my first big tank so im really excited"]

Cool....can't wait to see the new pic's. [smilie=smile.gif]

Cheers,

This is an old page to a BTA spawning event that happened in my 29g years ago: http://www.melevsreef.com/pics/bta/spawning.html

And here's a more recent event in my 280g & my 20g on the same night: http://www.reefaddicts.com/entry.php/479-Spawning-event

Thanks everyone for your help, It cleared over night. Im gonna do a water change and test lvls, but everything is looking great(odd but maybe even better then before) MY yellow toadstool is looking awesome

Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs....
c_laugh-1.gif
alt=""> good to see that it worked out.