Cleaner shrimp and peppermint shrimp

K_Red_Raider

Membership Expired
Hey guys quick question can you have Two cleaner shrimp and Two peppermint shrimp in the same tank. I have a 120 with two cleaner shrimp in it right now and was wanting to put two peppermint shrimp in for ball anemone removal. I have found a couple ball anemoes and want to get them taken care of before they get out of hand.

Thanks
Kevin

Thanks for the replies! After reading what Matt has put up I think I may just wait until I start having a small problem with the ball anemoes before I try to add some peppermint. One thing is it was talking about was more than two cleaner shrimp per tank so does this apply to peppermint shrimp with the cleaners?

The article was a good read, but it didnt address pairs of different shrimp. The test tanks, according to the comments, were 5-12 gallons. As far as shrimp are concerned, I would think 120 gallons is more then enough room for a pair of peppermints and a pair of skunks to live together.

I have a Blood shrimp, pistol, and 3 cleaners in my 90 all get along just fine. Ive always had more then 1 cleaner in a tank with everytank Ive ever owned. 10+ years and counting.

In my previous tank, I had: 1 sexy, 1 tiger pistol shrimp, 2 harlequins, 1 cleaner shrimp, and 2 peppermint shrimp.. They all got along fine. This was only a 34g cube

As Heathd said the article addresses more than two shrimp of one species in a tank, not pairs of different shrimp.

My 3 cleaners have been together for over 2 years now. Have seen egg sacks on all of them.

Sent from inside the shark tank!

The only thing I have ever had a problem with is having a coral banded with peppermints. The coral banded munches them up. :-(

Huh I may have to rethink my rethink and give it a try. Im not in too bad of shape with the ball anemones right now but dont want to get to where they are bad.

Some kalk paste should take them out. Ive nuked anthelia with it, and I know it works for mojanos as well.

@Heathd wrote:
Some kalk paste should take them out. Ive nuked anthelia with it said:
I have not thought about that but even then some of them are in hard to get spots and I would have to take the tank apart to get to them