clean

I am very familiar with the beckett being prone to clogging, and I clean it out every couple of weeks. It is currently squeaky clean.

Regarding the ammonia readout, I cannot recall the scale on the test kit, but the color ranges from yellow to green, and it is below the first mark.

Should I take apart the pump to verify it is running properly with no obstructions? It will be very troublesome and risky due to its accessibility and only want to do this as a last resort. Given the large diameter of the impellor, I don't think there is a problem with it. The intake is prefiltered by 1/2" eggcrate plastic. I imagine I would notice a clog from reduced output of the pump, but I don't.

Thanks!

i would take the pump out and check it since you did the injector already. There are two parts, the pump and the injector and if either is dirty it wont work as well. I had the same version (300) and loved it. Obviously it is not the skimmer as it is just acrylic. When you put the injector back in, are you sure you put it in the right way? If the inside ball thing in the injector is upside down or the injector is put in upside down it will not work....i only know from experience!

I had a similar problem with my down draft skimmer. It turned out that small snails had gotten stuck in the pump. I had flow going through the pump but not enough to make the skimmer work right.
It was not fun taking down my inline pump but it did fix the problem.
Good luck