Clam dead??

So I woke up today and saw one of my clams tipped over. It was slightly opened and there was a lot of slime around it. Also the CUC are around it as well. Thinking it was dead I took it out; however, right when I took it out it closed shut and the place where the feet should be is hollow. I looked into the hole and the clam is still there. It's just shrunken up really small like 1/2 the size it should be. This clams been in my tank for about 7 months nothing has changed. Upgraded to LED 4 months ago. Also when I bought it, it was never fully opened and hasn't been since. Any ideas to what happened? I checked for pyramid snails and didn't find any. Should I be concern for my other two clams?? The one that died or on the verge of dying is a maxima and the other two are deresa. [smilie=sadsmile.gif]

Usually when a clam dies, it is overnight - it doesn't take long for a declining clam to perish. How do the others look? One can die without affecting others, unless it is actually a disease - then all bets are off.