Check needed on my stocking choices and order

After lots of flip-flopping, I have decided to go back to my original plan of a Hawaiian themed FOWLR for my 110 wall tank. The additional lighting needs of corals would be difficult given the wall installation, along with limited access to the tank for rearranging, trimming, etc make it the wrong choice for a community reef. I will do a smaller reef tank once this one is stable, and for now will focus on a more appropriate beginner FOWLR setup. With that said, I have chosen a selection of beginner Hawaiian fish and I believe most should not outgrow the tank. Please review my selections and the order in which they will be added to tell me if there are any issues with my plan.

• Yellow Eye Kole Tang
  • Raccoon Butterflyfish
  • Flame Angelfish
  • Snowflake Eel
  • Yellow Tang
  • Humu Triggerfish

Thanks!

The eel will eat your fish and limit you ability to add small fish and inverts. I had a 14 inch tesletta take a chunk out of a large racoon bfly once. I traded him to a LFS right after.

@mmiller40 wrote:
The eel will eat your fish and limit you ability to add small fish and inverts. I had a 14 inch tesletta take a chunk out of a large racoon bfly once. I traded him to a LFS right after. said:
I have read that the snowflake eel is pretty passive. I have not seen any posts online of people that had problems with them. have you heard any bad snowflake stories?

A hungry full sized snowflake will eat anything it can fit into his mouth. Mine is smaller and well fed so he just hangs out in his rocks and waits for feeding day.
YMMV

@Titus wrote:
[I]@mmiller40 wrote:[/I][quote="The eel will eat your fish and limit you ability to add small fish and inverts. I had a 14 inch tesletta take a chunk out of a large racoon bfly once. I traded him to a LFS right after. said:
I have read that the snowflake eel is pretty passive. I have not seen any posts online of people that had problems with them. have you heard any bad snowflake stories?"]

They are virtually blind. When hungry anything that moves it front of them could be food or at least snapped at. That raccoon I was telling you about was too big for 3 eels to eat. Did not keep the eel from mortally wounding him. A snowflake can get 3 feet long. At that size anything without spines can be lunch.

Also from my experience with eels they need to be in a tank with a lid. They will find the tiniest hole and jump out.

@mmiller40 wrote:
[I]@Titus wrote:[/I][quote="[I]@mmiller40 wrote:[/I][quote="The eel will eat your fish and limit you ability to add small fish and inverts. I had a 14 inch tesletta take a chunk out of a large racoon bfly once. I traded him to a LFS right after. said:
I have read that the snowflake eel is pretty passive. I have not seen any posts online of people that had problems with them. have you heard any bad snowflake stories?"]

They are virtually blind. When hungry anything that moves it front of them could be food or at least snapped at. That raccoon I was telling you about was too big for 3 eels to eat. Did not keep the eel from mortally wounding him. A snowflake can get 3 feet long. At that size anything without spines can be lunch.

Also from my experience with eels they need to be in a tank with a lid. They will find the tiniest hole and jump out."]
Well my tank does have a lid, so at least I have that going for me. [smilie=rofl.gif] Frankly I have a strong desire to keep the yellow tang, Snowflake, and Humu trigger, so I guess I am willing to take a bigger chance with those 3. Now if people told me one of the other 3 would cause me problems, I would dump them in a minute. [smilie=rofl.gif]

How about some type of dark colored trigger? I seem to recall seeing tons of those when snorkeling and diving in Hawaii. A red slate pencil urchin would be cool too but it might knock all kinds of things over.

@MBSL55 wrote:
How about some type of dark colored trigger? I seem to recall seeing tons of those when snorkeling and diving in Hawaii. A red slate pencil urchin would be cool too but it might knock all kinds of things over. said:
I I do really like the Hawaiian Black Triggerfish but I am finding conflicting information on how big it gets...
Liveaquaria.com- 14"
Petco- 10"
Freshmarine.com- 9.8"
BlueZooAquatics.com- 20"

I have also read that multiple triggers will usually fight a lot.