Caravan's 180g in-wall

Rocks are cooking in Brute trash-cans with a lanthanum chloride bath to ensure as much Phosphate is out of them as possible. Will be doing a full water change this weekend and then seeding those trash cans with a couple rocks from my 24g nuvo to start a bit of a cycle.

Have done a little bit of wiring clean-up as well, but mostly just waiting on the tank/sump/skimmer to arrive at this point. They are supposed to ship this week, but waiting on confirmation of that before I get too excited :)

couple quick pics of the cleaner wiring as well as the first bit of plumbing:

IMAG0220_zpsaqypmg18.jpg
alt="">

IMAG0221_zpslm5ucgms.jpg
alt="">

IMAG0227_zps1thsajkh.jpg
alt="">

Got word that the Octopus Prime int-200's are still a few weeks to a month out from being delivered, so Jason at Premium Aquatics hooked me up with a great price on the Octopus Elite int-200 that he had in stock! That means every pump in my tank will be DC now!

well now I am even more excited, Tank, sump, and ATO container have shipped!!

The pics are in a bright warehouse before they were cleaned up, but I am posting them anyway :)

Tank:
1258_zps9ccld6jj.jpeg
alt="">

1262_zpsbzrcmgv6.jpeg
alt="">

1266_zpsn4llx1ri.jpeg
alt="">

Sump Design in Sketchup:
Sump_zps3c28e10c.jpg
alt="">

Sump:
1273_zps4dayvk8s.jpeg
alt="">
1277_zpsdzrwp7t5.jpeg
alt="">
1281_zpsgysaquay.jpeg
alt="">

ATO Container:
1285_zps6y5wdswm.jpeg
alt="">

both rock containers have a spike in Nitrites already, so the cycle is moving along a bit.

the Octopus Elite 200-int should arrive today, and should hopefully have a delivery date for the tank in the next day or 2!

finished up the bottom half of all of the plumbing (the return side is pretty basic down here, so no pic)

IMAG0240_zpsvy11rfra.jpg
alt="">

Everything looks beautiful so far. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, Marc! Trying to do everything the right way and not the easy or cheap way.

Just grabbed 3 mp40w's and a wxm module from a member,do flow is covered now, just need a dosing setup!

@Carabelli wrote:
Looks great man ... Why are skimmers so sexy?? :) I have loved my bubble magus dosers said:
Bubble Magus is where I am likely going, just trying to wait on spending more money at the moment...leaving on a family vacation next week and I just spent a bunch on MP40's, lol.

well, after reading some good things about the marine magic doser, I pulled the trigger when I saw them on clearance for $100. Got an extra pump thrown in as well for safety. That should get me through for a while until I build enough of a livestock set to worry more about the accuracy and upgrade.

Everything but the tank is here, and I got word that it is finally out of customs this week! It should be in town and setup for delivery next monday when I get back from vacation :)

Tank is in Dallas!!! And I am in North Carolina :(

Delivery schedule for Monday afternoon. Any idea how many people I need to put this size tank on the stand?

Just got home from vacation. Tank delivery scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, and I am as ready as I could be at this point.

Also tested both of my rock tubs and got 0-0-0 readings in both with full diatom blooms in each one. Going to fill the tank halfway, mix salt, aquascape, lay sand, then fill the rest of the tank with water mixed in the brute cans. That should give me minimal die off and allow me to transfer livestock over the weekend if all goes well!

quick pic update. Tank is mostly full now, has rock and sand done, but is very cloudy so I've got all the water being circulated through a filter sock to clear it up. So no main tank pics yet:

IMAG0283_zpsjmeiybn3.jpg
alt="">

IMAG0284_zpsnof2eoxk.jpg
alt="">

IMAG0285_zpsyxawywgi.jpg
alt="">

IMAG0286_zpsnqgd1qzk.jpg
alt="">

IMAG0305_zps1cyhv6py.jpg
alt="">

IMAG0306_zpskauv2eip.jpg
alt="">

almost full (don't mind the filter sock, trying to clear up the water). Camera phone pics are terrible with white balance, but you get the idea:

IMAG0312_zpscy2vezhp.jpg
alt="">

IMAG0313_zpssahbsspj.jpg
alt="">

IMAG0314_zpss3txgq2g.jpg
alt="">

IMAG0315_zpsbuz1smhv.jpg
alt="">

IMAG0317_zps1cixg3qg.jpg
alt="">

IMAG0318_zpsrqikhzga.jpg
alt="">