Can anyone give me some advice on a dosing system?

I was looking to get a dosing pump for my two-part solution. Since I'm getting the AC3 I can control it to come on at different times of the day, right, or according to ph levels? If so, what dosing system do you use? I can't get a calcium reactor as there's just no more room in my sump for anything else. I don't use kalk, just homemade RHF's two-part solution and it's done well for me so far.

Kay

Kay,

If you want a dosing system, you will want (in my opinion) two high quality anti-siphoning dosing pumps that will dose and allow you to program quantities of solution, rather than timing or a very well defined pump rate that you can tie into the AC3.

You can do medical type parasallic (sp) pumps... or go with Litermeters if you want specific quantities.... these are more pricey but very reliable and programmable.

If you want the rate/min pumps look at these.. they are priced well and have a set flow rate. If you want to use the AC3 these would work well.

http://www.twopartsolution.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=94&products_id=29&zenid=da8a1fc8519c4ad364e33ac3d622a09e

Since you have the AC3, you could set it up on a timer to turn on for x number of minutes at various times during the day or night to dose the quantity needed.

I have the Litermeter and like that because I can program it to dose specific quantities all day long and don't have to run it on my AC3.

I think I would like to mix it with a small powerhead first or does it automatically do that? I need something that will fit under my cabinet, which I have a 120 with the standard cabinet and Frank's Tanks sump in there. I have a skimmer, phosban reactor, ozone reactor going into another reactor filled with carbon, fuge and return section, and I'm wondering how I'm going to put all this in. What I'm wanting to do is get it where I can go out of town without worry and be able to check it remotely for ph and have it dose itself for a few days without my being there. Would that be possible? Thanks for your help.

Kay

hers an option

http://www.dtpetsupplies.com/catalog/Additives/Saltwater-Reef-Additives/Additive-Dosers/

Thanks. You guys are very helpful. Would the Natutilus fit under my sump and would I have to get two containers for the holding buckets? Would it interface with the AC3 or would I need to get that accessory that they offer?

Kay

the Natutilus is programable so you would not need to hook it up to your AC3. You can use a couple of 2 liter bottles for you holding tanks. the pump/controller can be mounted inside the sump area on the back wall

True, the nautilus is rate controlled, but I also got the control interface so that I could override it in case of ph spikes.