Bta - How to take care a new bta?

[I just bought a BTA yesteraday with a pair of perculars. The BTA "run" to top of the tank (nano 12 g) next to the powerhead and look like shrunk. Should i move him back to the bottom?Does he like a lot of air bubbles and strong water current?please help.

william :smart:]

[Hi
They don't really want alot of flow but I think he wants some more light. What kind of lighting do you have? It can take a while for tham to settle down.
HTH
Joe]

[thanks Joe,
i have 50/50 lamp , 24-watt compact flourescent light in a 12 gallons tanks. I think you are right, he becomes swollen now after the auto timer lighting on a few minutes ago. BTW, should i feed him with frozen shrimp? peel on or off?
william :wwww:]

[Make sure the shrimp is raw. Sometimes the bagged or butcher shrimp is already cooked. Also, peel it. He can take it with the shell, but can't digest it...so it will just end up as more gross anemone poop and foul your water.

Mine will eat very small (pea size) pieces of shrimp, but much prefers small silversides.]

[thanks chris,
i turn the light on and off the airpump. He acts much better but still on the top of the back of nano cube. I think I just let him stay there until he wants to come down to the sand.
William :p]

[Hey William, are you the guy I talked to at Aquatic Design on Friday? I will be interested to see how the BTA does. I just picked up a small frogspawn for my Nanocube. Good luck.]

[Our BTA "roamed" around for about 2 weeks before settling in a spot. He would shrink and roam.. puff out.. shrink and roam every day. He finally settled way down into a rock crevice so you can barely see him stretching out, but he is happy. He hasn't moved in awhile now. He settled into a lower light, lower flow area.]