Bryan's 210G and 400G build

G

After helping Donnie move his 300 into his house and move my 210 out of his house we get home at about 12:30 or 1:00 am...What do I want to do?? SET UP MY NEW TANK! well we got everything up and in until we were forced to stop to wait for home depot to open. Here are some pics of the night:

Leaving Donnie's @ midnightish
300_stand_076_171.jpg
alt="">
The old canopy is almost the length of the car!
new3.jpg
alt="">
Never thought I would see the back of that empty
new4.jpg
alt="">
A short rest
new1.jpg
alt="">
It looks so small here!
new2.jpg
alt="">
In with the mermaid
new5.jpg
alt="">
Not quite the mermaid that everyone else has but hey, it was 4:30 in the morning our mermaids were sleeping!
new6.jpg
alt="">
cloudy water, sure could use my new skimmer...
new7.jpg
alt="">
mounted the lights
new8.jpg
alt="">
My RS250 is HERE!!
new10.jpg
alt="">
And it fits...barely
new11.jpg
alt="">
Getting clearer!
new12.jpg
alt="">

I will say this, you're are hardcore, when you start the night before moving tanks and you have to stop setting it up cause your waiting on Home Depot to open the next morning.
I used to be that young once. :roll:

Nice. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Glad that skimmer fit.

Depending on the bulb you are using to light the refugium, you may not need that aluminum reflector.

Thanks everyone! I have about 1/2" of clearance for the skimmer! (thank goodness for zero-clearance removal-thanks fishtomorrow for pointing that out) The sump bulb is one from Homedepot I believe it is 5100K. I will have to wait until a bunch of people want to buy the bulbs you suggest to cut down on shipping :)

That is a nice looking tank. I can understand staying up all night to get that thing setup. I know if it were me I would have a hard time sleeping knowing I have a new tank that size sitting in the back of my truck. I would want it setup ASAP

Ok I am trying to figure out how divide the fish between my two tanks, I think I want the 210G to be the "reef" setup and the 112G to be FOWLR. I am willing to take the fish in the 112G and put them in the 210G if they would be better in there. These are just the fish I really want so if there is anything I should add to the list I am open to suggestions. I am of course thinking there will be no way to happily get all these guys I want. :(

(stars indicate more want than the others)

Fish wanted:
Flame Angelfish *
FlameAngelWMA_Ap8SA.jpg
alt="">
Imperator Angelfish
PomacanthusImperatorWMA_C1478.jpg
alt="">
Hawaiian Fancy Bicolor Anthias *
6B76729F7C0B4D3D93D9C5247BD8F463U.jpg
alt="">
Raccoon Butterflyfish *
butterflyfishracoon.jpg
alt="">
Saddleback Butterflyfish *
saddlebackbflykeoki.JPG
alt="">
Yellow Pyramid Butterfly *
Pyramid%20Butterfly.jpg
alt="">
Yellow Longnose Butterflyfish
LongNoseButterflyWMBu_Ap8SBu.jpg
alt="">
Green Mandarin*
mandarinfish-large.jpg
alt="">
Yellowhead Jawfish
yellowhead-jawfish.jpg
alt="">
Sohal Tang *
GJR_8124_mwtmk.jpg
alt="">
Achilles Tang *
achilleskeoki.jpg
alt="">
Blue Tang
BlueTang2.jpg
alt="">
Humu Picasso Triggerfish *
humu.jpg
alt="">
Pinktail Triggerfish *
pinktail01tfk.jpg
alt="">

Already in the 112G: (but willing to move if needed)
snails, 1 cleaner shrimp
small Whitecheek Tang - Acanthurus nigricans
Acanthurus%20nigricans%20%20WAK.JPG
alt="">
small Naso Tang
Naso_lituratus_2.jpg
alt="">
Lawnmower Blenny
209_lawn.jpg
alt="">
2 TruePerc Clowns
TruePercClown.jpg
alt="">

Already in the 210G:
snails, 2 peppermint shrimp

those are some nice selections - If you are really serious about all of those fish I would go with the larger tank being the FOWLR as most of those larger selections are known coral eaters/nippers (butterflys, large angles, triggers). People have had some success with that pinktail triger and with some of the large angels but I think most everyone that has mixed butterflys know they will go after the corals.

The tangs go well with corals but are prone to ich and other parasites that are essentially imposible to cure in a mixed tank.

So even though you could go with some in a large reef, if you really want to enjoy the large selection you have posted I would go with the large tank as the FOWLR

nice looking tank set up - thanks for sharing - and keep posting

I was wondering about that but would the tangs, butterflys, and triggers be ok together in the big tank?

the sohal and achilles will end up killing one another. Pick one or the other and add them last. The Achilles is IMO the most beautiful reef fish.

@Servo wrote:
the sohal and achilles will end up killing one another. Pick one or the other and add them last. The Achilles is IMO the most beautiful reef fish. said:
dang! will either of them go with a Naso or whitecheek? I wouldn't totally be opposed to getting rid of the whitecheek one day

Ok, so new tank will be, if everything goes to plan, 1 210G and 1 tall ~400G(60”W x 42”H x 36”D). I was thinging the tangs could be split up but I am not sure which fish like the 24" longer (but not as tall) 210 or which ones like the deminsions of the new tank I will hopefully get??

TIA :)

Thanks! I am still young enough so that the long nights don't hurt tooo bad :lol:

and just in case it wasnt clear, the 112G would no longer be in the picture if I got a 400G

So, first off....WoW people never stop amazing me. The Wright family...enough cant be said for how generous and helpful they were. I honestly don't know how to say thank you enough.
Chris and family, SUUUCH a nice family, crazy the kind of hospitality they gave. I hope one day I can pass that along! Not only donating half to the local school PTA but another half for Emily they even offered to help with the lifting...CrAzY nice! Also thanks to Donnie and Tri for letting me borrow your tank moving stuff (I will be by today after work whenever is convenient to drop it back off at your house, just let me know), would not have gotten anywhere without it!

Leave my house at about 6:45pm, stop by Donnie's for the equipment, realized that I forgot towels back at my house so we stopped at the Dollar general store for some towels (that weren't a dollar??? why is it called the dollar store??) After the stop we were off headed to Dallas. We had a few catches with the GPS thing but got there in good time @ about 8:15pm. We pull up to the house and are just amazed at how nice this house is...after we got focused again we started moving stuff in. Cheryl started pumping the water out, Little Ricky was in the tank and Ricky and I were holding the buckets while he put the live rock in. Ricky and I would then take the buckets from the living room to the truck...one zillion buckets later all the rock was in the truck. Ricky Sr. grabbed the urchin and put him away while Little Ricky caught the fish! Finally after we had the entire tank broken down my other friends show up to help us move the tank. That thing was HEAVY! We backed the truck up to the garage and us 7 guys carried that tank from the living room to the truck! (Yes one of the 7 was the owner Chris...I told you they were nice!) I think we left their house around 11:30ish? We got to my house around 12:30pm and floated the fish and started taking stuff out of the trucks (3 of them). Little Ricky and I grabbed the stand and started for my front door........funny joke....stand is bigger than my door! (not a fun thing at midnight) The Ricky's suggest taking the sliding back door out to fit it through. It's a good thing they were there or I would have ended up just sleeping in the stand for the night. After taking the doors out and bringing the stand in it was time for the tank...HA I think it got heavier! Of course it rained so we had to go through slippery mud just to make sure we were paying attention...then we accidentally scrapped the bottom of the tank on the linoleum floor...(anyone that knows how to patch that or if its possible...that would be awesome b/c my wife was not happy about that one :() We finally got the tank on the stand...wow it looks WAYY bigger in my tiny house! So the last thing we gotta get is the LR, A lot faster when we have more people. Everyone was just filling buckets and taking them in the house. Finally the Wright's could go home! (they event tried to stay longer and help...I told you they were awesome!) My buddy's all went home. I let the fishies out into my 210G (Cheryl had already be acclimating while we were moving) and continued to put LR into my two running tanks until I couldn't fit anything else in there! Finally I got to take a shower and got to bed around 4:30ish...Whew what a night! Again Thanks to all (and my wife for letting me live after bringing this home) that helped, there is no way I could have done any of this without everyone that helped.....THANKS!!!

Dive Dive Dive!!
IMG_2813.jpg
alt="">
This thing is tall!
IMG_2814.jpg
alt="">
Wow...hope I'm not afraid of hights!
IMG_2815.jpg
alt="">
I'm going in! :)
IMG_2816.jpg
alt="">
Sure did smell good
IMG_2817.jpg
alt="">
IMG_2818.jpg
alt="">
That may be where I passed out for a sec. :p
IMG_2819.jpg
alt="">
Finallllly
IMG_2820.jpg
alt="">
Using those muscles
IMG_2821.jpg
alt="">
IMG_2822.jpg
alt="">
IMG_2823.jpg
alt="">
Acclimation is fun
IMG_2825.jpg
alt="">
Hope this is back up by the time my wife gets in!
IMG_2826.jpg
alt="">
Can't we just get done?!
IMG_2827.jpg
alt="">
He is real proud of that thing.
IMG_2828.jpg
alt="">
Did we really move this huge thing?!
IMG_2829.jpg
alt="">
Makes 210 look small! :)
IMG_2830.jpg
alt="">
LOTS OF ROCK
IMG_2831.jpg
alt="">
LOTS OF ROCK CONTINUED...don't even look in the sumps.
IMG_2832.jpg
alt="">
Anyone know how this works?
IMG_2833.jpg
alt="">
How about now?
IMG_2834.jpg
alt="">
Front shot...just needs a little buffing.
IMG_2835.jpg
alt="">