Bristle Worm Warning

@SNT wrote:
no said:
Steven, I highly doubt they killed it. Bristle worms are detrivores and not aggressive. You fish looks like a green chromis, whom most i see die often in tanks. The worms are just doing their job to clean it up.

A fish doesn't attract bristleworms until they die, or are wounded. It's not like a bristleworm can jump up and bite a healthy fish.

I have a feeling green chromis are caught with cyanide or some other chemicals because they drop like flys. I had 3 die for no apparent reason and was left with one.

@SNT wrote:
maybe i need to feed them more ften so they won't pick on each other. said:
That doesn't help... When you get chromis, get about double what you plan on keeping. Make sure its an odd number as well and wait it out. The last bunch I put in actually kicked one off the isle before settling down into a happy community school. Adding an aggressive fish into the tank also helps in my experience, since it triggers their inner survival instinct (safety in numbers). I think they are more likely to do the culling when they feel comfortable and safe all the time. In my case the 6-line I added tends to pick on fish from time to time and it keeps them on their toes.

We actually did the reverse.. started with 3 tiny ones, put them into a tank with 4 yt damsels.. then got donated 1 more.. then someone else donated 3 in exchange for helping them hypo some fish.. then someone else donated one green and one yellow because their tank was covered in ich.. so we have 8 green and one yellow.. haven't lost one yet, knock on wood.

They're eating machines, and are fat and BIG :)