Breakout

Everything looks like it has air bubbles on it
Monti has brown algalea .. An baster blew most off
Tiny air bubbles and stringy stuff all over everything

I forget what it is called and how to fix it ...
All parks looks normal going to retest today

Dinoflagellates

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blog/how-i-beat-dinoflagellates-and-the-lessons-i-learned

Good read ...
I have work to do ....
Looks like I may put canister back in line for carbon ...
Reduce light time ( due to new corals )
Raised ph to 8.2

Trip to LFS for carbon it seems

I had Dino's about 6 months ago. After spending a ton of money replacing and buying new filters and trying other remedies,I was able to knock them out by dosing peroxide. By far the easiest and cheapest way! If you do have Dinos, I would try peroxide as a first choice, instead of the last choice like I did....

I have added Peroxide .. AND put my Canister filter back in place for carbon filtration..
Then i used the baster and blew everything off ..
Waiting for it to settle down again..
a water change was done this morning...

I have a UV in route and when it gets here it will be plumbed in with my new (old) chiller..

Be persistent in your daily doses of peroxide. Will probably take 4 days before oh start seeing a difference, then they should be gone by day 6 or 7, but be sure to keep dosing until day ten. UV should help also.

Caught it day one or close ... And response here was great and fast ...
So I seem to have already slowed it down ...

But as I work from home with the tank in my office it should be easy to manage

Just throwing this out there....
I had the same problem a few months ago. I tried the peroxide, and it wasn't very effective on mine. I tried a product called Microbe-Lift Special Blend Aquarium Bacteria. They sell it at Dr. Fosters and Smith (and at Petco of all places). It worked wonderfully! It stinks more than you can imagine, but it worked for me! May have just been my case, but I figured I share...

Looking better today....
I am thinking i may have to do a black out ... seems towards the days end it gets worse...
I will have to keep an eye on it today and see if it is progressing with the lights...
OR if a couple blackout days will do the trick..
I may do 1 black out day ...
Maybe the day i get my LEDs...

More worried about the corals i have in there now ..
UV wont be here tell the 30th ...
Got the plumbing ready...

Today ... Pod , shrimp, crabs. .. basically more clean up crew variety and a few fish .. will be here in 2 hours according to the tracking..

I just dealt with the same thing. I did a 3 day black out with large water changes before and after. Also ran my skimmer very wet. Then I only ran my actinics 8 hours a day for the next 3 days to combat a bounce back. No sign of them since then.

Nem MAD cause I did a full day black out
He is tiny ....

Also ... Little to no food today ...

tonight .... Chiller and 18 WATT UV plumbed in line ....
Set to 77

Be glad when I get my LEDs ...
Course I may not need the chiller then lol

not long...
bought it from a member mid July ...
Even with the 5 previous tanks i never out this outbreak...

I think over feeding lead to what i am dealing with...

From my reading ..

not to mention the T5s keeping the water a little higher temp..

Once i get my LEDs my next step will be a Stand build ... and a tank move/upgrade.

then the only thing left to do is convert the water flow to wave...
Course now.. with the UV and the chiller i am thinking a bigger pump is in order.. MAg 12 is just not enough flow for me...

I was thinking I was getting red slime, showed my buddy who's been in the hobby 20 years and said I have dinos.. So how does the dosing work? Some reason I can't put a picture up but it's brown on my sand bed, thought it was diatoms since my sand bed is only a couple weeks old everything else is from my 29g. Bubbles all over is what gives it away he says

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/reef-aquarium-discussion/52084-dinoflagellates-my-experience-h2o2-reefing-tool.html

I did a 36 hour lights out with blankets over the tank and Hydron Peroxide...
I was worried it would kill my refugium Algae but it all seems not to be effected...

I still have small blooms.... I figured out i may be keeping the lights on to long so i have reduced the time by an hour.. so no total lights is only 8 hours

I am still fighting small blooms .. I am afraid to leave the lights off to much as I have corals...
Also although my water test 0 from my RODI i am thinking about going to store bought RODI for a while and see if it changes...

I am doing 2 water changes a week .. I do 5% each time.. I was reading and they said multiple smaller water changes do better then large once water changes..

I thought about breaking out the Vodka ..

i am hoping to get my LEDs up soon because i suspect lighting is playing a part..

I have started running the UV full time for now ... I had it set up that when the lights came on so did it..

Been doing a lot of reading on Melvs site and have decided to increase my salinity levels slightly and i am doing that slowly..

All in All maintenance is a full time job...
And there is SOOOOoo much information out there... half the battle is finding the right information from a trusted source ...