Brad's 150G In-Wall Build

Wednesday.

I re-wired all the rows of lights (took hours) and then put them back on the ceiling in the closet. Tested them and after a few troubleshooting problems, they worked! On to something else.

I covered the rest of the PVC structures with live rock, mounted most of the coral (that one took awhile), and threw sand and macro algae into the refugium.

Those two paragraphs encompassed around 6hrs of work : (

Here's how it looks as of yesterday night:

[attachment=1]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343918177.232436.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343918185.508776.jpg[/attachment]

I'm thinking I need more rock on the corners and all the coral that's just sitting on the sand needs moved, but it's pretty much finished. Oh and the top off and Reef Keeper need hooking up today, but that should be easy.

@Titus wrote:
[I]@Badbrad8500 wrote:[/I][quote="[I]@Titus wrote:[/I][quote="I would recommend testing your lights in it sooner rather than later. My lights would pop the GFCI that I got that looked like that (white buttons said:
Whoa, that is something I'm definitely going to have to test. What kind of lights did you run that popped the circuit?"]
I have 2 AquaticLife 48" dual T5HO lights. It just took one to pop the GFCI on startup every time. I tested everything else I could think of but only the lights would pop it. I then tried the lights in other GFCI outlets around the house and they were all fine. I ended up taking the ones that were in my kitchen and using them for the tank, and then installing the ones bought for the tank in the kitchen. No popping in 3 months now."]

I tried one socket with everything I had plugged in and turned it on. It seems to be working. I think it may be because I have LED drivers, they might not do the same thing at startup that the t5 ballasts do? I appreciate the heads up though, bc that would suck to have everything go off while I wasn't there or during the night, glad I tested it!

@Titus wrote:
[I]@Badbrad8500 wrote:[/I][quote="Question: what kind of turnover (display > refugium > display) are you all running? I've got two Mag 9.5's in the sump right now said:
I have a mag 12 in the sump with 5 feet of head... about 1/4 of its flow dumps into the fuge (which drains back to the sump) and the other 3/4 of flow goes in to the display."]

Yep, I decided to do just one Mag 9.5, probably split it going to each side. Thanks for the info.

Looks great!

@Badbrad8500 wrote:
I tried one socket with everything I had plugged in and turned it on. It seems to be working. I think it may be because I have LED drivers said:
I think you are right. I think I read somewhere that when a ballast kicks off, there is some charge up time that looks like lost current to more sensitive GFCIs.

@Mikii wrote:
Wow said:
Right now in there are:

Powder Blue (he is recovering, back to his bullying self)
Yellow Tang
Regal Tang
Naso Tang
Purple Dottyback
Spotted Mandarin
Flame Angelfish
Black Clown
Lyretail Anthias (1)
Green Chromis (5)

@Mikii wrote:
Was that RO water you filed it with? Or tap? said:
I used nearly 100% of my old water from the 115g and then used RO water and Tropic Marin to mix the rest of the saltwater.

I really like the look of the tank in the wall, you did a very good job blending it into the rest of the house. I'd have to say it's by far the best "picture" that's probably in your house. Keep up the good work, it will definitely pay off.

Thanks guys. Last week pretty much exhausted me, I'm pretty sure I'm happy to not deal with this thing for all of this week (away from house). Enthusiasm might return when I get home : )

My next plan is to get the ReefKeeper Lite up and running (temp and lights only), to get all the coral in its final places, and hook up an Auto Top-off.

I'm thinking about closing in those two corners of the tank with rock so that the whole back wall is LR. I think I'll wait awhile on that one though. All the coral is still recovering, some of the bigger SPS colonies are still showing signs of receding tissue, I figure I'll get them better before I do anything real drastic with the rockscaping.

@Badbrad8500 wrote:
[I]@etphi wrote:[/I][quote="Wow that looks great! I really admire your aquascape. said:
Thanks Philip! I figure on filling in those two corners, make it look a little more uniform."]
Oh okay, looking forward to it!

They aren't much (need to figure out how to upload larger pictures) but here they are:

[attachment=2]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345241519.825631.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345241534.245000.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345241545.975001.jpg[/attachment]