Bpynckel's 180g diary thread

Marc wrote:
sps6.jpg
alt="">

quote]

Brian,

Could you tell me what the above coral is. I have the same.

Thanks,

-soji

hey Soji, i am having a particularly difficult time with its ID as well.. Marc asked the same question when he was over.. I am guessing its one of three species..

A. sarmentosa
A. rosaria
A. lokani

Im guessing, in that order... When you view it form "topdown" It has orange tips, and that is common amongst sarmentosa specimen, however the coral is still recovering from a little accident, and an Iodine dip, we will see in a few months what she turns out to be. Let me know if you have a different opinion!! TTYL

Brian

I have had the chance to see this tank in person. It is very beautiful and the husbandry is obviously top notch. Just from spending a brief 15-20 minutes talking with Brian you can tell he has a genuine care for his animals. Good Job Brian!

Thanks Chris, how are my babies doing in your tank?

I just reread the first post in this thread.. Marc mentions I have a "love for oceanic" salt, NOT TRUE>>>>>>>>>> :twisted: :twisted: stuff is the devil. unless you like 12 degrees of alk with 550+ Ca.

I LOVE SEACHEM reef salt!!!! 8) Perfect everytime.. 10% waterchanges weekly does the trick unless I feel like being extra nice and do a 20%...
I think in the near future I will be taking the Ca reactor off and just making a Kalk reactor for use with auto top-off.. I have had a stable Ph of 7.95, but I would like it over 8.1. Using a litermeter I think that will take out one more stability factor.. and of course the higher Ph of Kalk will up the Ph. Plus Im eating like 1.5 inches of media a week trying to keep up with these suckers, and its just evil to have effluent of 6.6 :x

I'll fix my first post. My mistake, I thought you told me you'd been using Oceanic for three years without any problems. I must have gotten my wires cross. :oops:

No offense taken at all. I just hate to post the wrong information, and thought you really did like that stuff.

I tend to believe people when they say something, until they clarify it differently. Since there are so many varying ways of caring for a reef, I didn't doubt it was possible. For me, Oceanic was a bane for 9 months on my tank and I won't use it again.

Long live Kent. :lol: (Now I'm joking.)

Brian, They are doing very well, thanks for asking. A few of the heads on the candy canes are starting to split and the Mushrooms have split a couple of time already.

we got these corals from Brian today. They were awesome!! and we came home a very happy couple :)
Thankx a bunch Brian!

They look like they are going to do well. Im glad you and Allen are happy. Its nice to meet new people.. Thank you for all the nice words.. Michelle youd better have those zoos ready in a couple years... haha

who can you think of who would be the first person to arrive at Brian's place for SPS???

It's a beautiful Prostrata... *_*

Oh Brian, what's the name of the yellow sps we got from you? the one in the last picture on the first page?

could be A. awi, A. simplex. I'm really unsure of its true ID. That prostrata is going to a tank where he can GROW and GROW :lol:

There will be a thread shortly with everything for sale....

PARTy-OUT! starts at 3:00pm beer and coral!!

Brian