Black acrylic overflow - In-tank partition

melev

Club President
Staff member
Board of Directors
Sponsor
[One of the club members asked me to build him an acrylic overflow for inside his tank. This is how it came out. :D

acrylic_overflow.jpg
alt="">]

[I just got off the phone with that member, and he's got a cool plan for this overflow divider. Basically, he's putting a pump in the base, and plumbing it up to a SCWD which splits to two returns, making a closed loop. The Remora skimmer will be a HOT unit, but behind this partition so it won't be visible from the tank. And he's planning on putting his heater in there as well.

So the entire box is designed to hide everthing, leaving the tank for beauty only. I hope his plan works.]

[Marc, That's way cool. Where did you get the acrylic? Where are the responses? That looks really good. I need to make a cover for a DAS H99 filter/sump. I had a 175 watt mh about 4" from it blasting light right down into the sump. Needless to say the algae growth in that sump wasn't pretty. I covered it with a plastic drawer drawer divider for now, but it doesn't look all that professional. I'd like to see acrylic work like that in a meeting.]

[Then you should have come to our meeting in April. That was at my house, and I did an acrylics demonstration. There are some pictures in the May Club Newsletter on the DFWMAS.org page. I've built my own sumps, and my website is full of pictures of acrylic work that I've done in the past year.

I got the acrylic at Regal Plastics on the east side of Ft Worth.]

[Thanks, for the info Marc. Unfortunately I just joined DFWMAS this month...just my luck :so sad: Day late and a dollar short. I'll check out the web site. John.]

[Welcome to the club. Don't worry, there is much to look forward to. :)]