biocube 29g drilled with refugium 150watt mh

tshirtsbyjeff

Membership Expired
I just bought a 29g biocube with a tunze 9002 skimmer and an intake media basket. I have been debating if I want to modify the tank any further or not. I could do a metal halide or something like a refugium. After thinking about it I have decided to do both and go all out with everything. Nanotuners.com has a 150 watt retrofit kit that I have ordered and should be here any day now. I will pick up the refugium some time on sunday. I will update it with pictures as I go. I will put some up of it tonight because I drilled the tank lastnight.
[[Please comment with your thoughts.]]

I have been trying to load all of the pictures that I have taken but it keeps saying they are to large to upload. Does anyone have any resizing software or are there free ones on the net? Could I do it in any program that comes on a pc?

I finished the plumbing and drilling but the pictures were to big to load. Thanks to marc's help I have figured out how to resize the images. Sorry for the delay but here are all the pictures I took with my phone. My camera battery was dead.

Here are somemore plumbing pictures. I have a Rio2200 for the return pump "wow thats alot of flow". I had to use three elbows to get the return back to the factory hole which cuts down on the flow a little bit. I will add a Rio1400 for a 1/4hp jbj chiller once my metal halide retor fit comes it from nanotuners.com. Also a tunze 9002 skimmer with an in tank media rack.

finally added pictures of the rock and livesand. not much to look at but I am getting there!!! The metal halide has not been retrofitted yet so it just has two actinics for now. i do have a 96watt pc that I was going to use until I have time to do the metal halide.

Check it out I have added some coral

Purple Hornet Zoa
Rose Nebula Zoas
Armor of God Zoa
Tubs Blue Zoaz
Hawkins Echinata
Purple Haze

Ok I have been having a problem with my corals bleaching. Anytime I move any of my corals out of the shade and into the 150w ushio 14k they start to bleach. Any ideas???

Ok I have fixed my bleaching problem!!!!! I have also added some miracle mud in my refugium!!! I will post pictures tonight!! Oh yah have added several new things and lost a few as well.

I love how you have your rock! My rock always turns out to just be a pile no matter how hard I try. All of the modifications you have done to your biocube are really neat, I have a 29g biocube too but just haven't had the the time to change much. I really love the idea of having a big refugium.

c68b5d3d1ec33b30b2f0a64b40cb01b5.jpg
alt=""> my new light cover. Oceanic does not sell the factory cover anymore so I searched the net and found nothing for sell. So I decided to make my own out of 1/4 acrylic. Check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk