BioCube 14 skimmers

Well I am having problems with my sapphire skimmer for my Biocube. For the life of me I cant get it to produce bubbles anymore. I have adjusted the pump, checked airlines, etc and it does not produce bubbles anymore.

Anyone else use another type of skimmer, like a HOB type, on a biocube that is an open top?? If you have which one do you use? does the water level have to be pretty high in the center chamber or do you but it on the side into the main display?

My Biocube is open and I have an Aquapod MH with stands ovet the tank so something haning on the side would not work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

@Glenn wrote:
With the top open like you say said:
thats what i thought.. with the cpr backpak the pump goes in the first chamber and the outlet goes in the second chamber? is that how it works?

That is what I would do.

If it doesn't fit well that way, both could go in middle chamber, at least on my biocube 29 there are 3 chambers across the back.

@Glenn wrote:
That is what I would do. If it doesn't fit well that way said:
the Biocube 14 has 3 chambers as well but the middle chamber doesnt fill up that high so I am not sure if it would work well in the middle.

@malofish wrote:
I use the oceanic brand skimmer said:
you mean the biocube skimmer? I have seen that one in action on a friends tank and from what I have seen and read online it is junk...

The Sapphire Aquatics skimmer worked well for about a year but all the sudden it wont produce bubbles at all... I cant figure out why...

Too bad he went out of business due to a divorce or I would email him and ask..

Does it use wooden air stones? If so, aren't those supposed to be replaced once a month or less?

@DheereCrossing wrote:
Does it use wooden air stones? If so said:
no it doesn't use air stones

it looks like this
760_nano_skimmer.jpg
alt="">

well if you do find somethig better please let me know, i would def. be interested. And yeah, the skimmer is pretty much junk, i mostly use it aerate the water for my mantis.

That thing is sweet!! So im safe to assume that you cant find them anymore?? I'm still gonna look for one though. How much did that set you back?? Any pics of it in the nano or with skimmate in the collection cup?

they ran around 100 to 120 and it works quite well. I just need to figure out what is wrong with it.

The guy that made them went out of business due to a divorce. you can still find them here and there if your lucky. I have alot of sps and corals in my biocube so I think I need to upgrade to a CPR

I found some pics of skimmate with these skimmers on google images

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=sapphire%20aquatics%20skimmer&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

if I find a CPR bakpak and fix this one, I will sell it to you if you want it..

do you have any pics of you tank?? I added a mushroom, a small rock with 3 stalks of xenia. two digitata frags, a frag disk with 50 blue zoo's, about 10 hermits, 2 snails, an emerald, and about two weeks later a mantis and now im getting a red velvet algae on the sand.

humm

I started reading some stuff on other forums and someone made a hint that new sapphire skimmers are on nanotuners for presale.

http://www.nanotuners.com/index.php?cPath=51&osCsid=0e6104b52f829f9c1b0e68535bdd0452

(look at the bottom of the page)

Hopefully these have the new impeller mod he was working on before the divorce. He had some pics up of the skimmate with the new impeller and it was real dark and was overflowing the cup..

I dont have any recent shots of my tank.. I should do that on Sunday when I have time.. tomorrow I have to go the the range all day and shoot some skeet then sight in my rifles and my new mini 14 I bought.