Berghia nudibranch for sale (Aptasia eaters)

jmp

Premium Member
$50 for 7 medium-large berghia nudibranchs (0.5-1 inch). These eat Aiptasia only. They will not eat anything else, and they will starve if they don't have aiptasia to eat. Please see various resources online for more information on Berghia. If interested please reply to this thread and PM contact info. Pickup only/no shipping, I am in Irving 75039.

I bought a batch online a few months ago, but most were quickly eaten (I think by my Coral banded Shrimp). I rescued three survivors and have bred them in a bucket to expand their numbers before introducing back into my main tank. After adding most of the offspring to my tank, I am selling a few extras.

Berghia 1.jpg
Berghia 2.jpg

I'd like to pick up a batch from you. Im only worried my marbled wrasse will eat them. But, I may still give it a shot.

I'd like to pick up a batch from you. Im only worried my marbled wrasse will eat them. But, I may still give it a shot.
OK if interested please PM your contact info, I would like to move these out in the next couple of days. I have been feeding them using small rocks and frag plugs with aiptasia from my main tank, but I am starting to run out of aiptasia.

My aptasia problem is slowly going away. Its like a real life Squid Game in there. I wake up to see which one was eaten! 🍾 🥂 🎉
I'm glad they are getting a good meal!

All Berghia are sold, but if there is more interest I may try to raise another batch.

I should have another small batch of berghia available in 2-3 weeks. Please post or PM if interested. I prefer to sell locally to DFWMAS members but if unable to will look at other options.

How many Aptasia do you want to raise another batch of Berghia? If your running out I can get you a bunch. Add us to the list of interested members.

@jmp, wanted to THANK YOU for earlier berghia! They have grown and are working at my peksy aiptasia!

I'd feared Berghia were wiped out in my main tank... MASTERS at hiding, but late night recognizance spotting!

Recent posters-I apologize but I have not checked the forums in a while and it seems like I am not getting update notifications for this thread. If you are still looking for Berghia please PM me as I do get PM notifications.

Aiptasia are an unfortunate but manageable plague on our hobby. Berghia are a useful tool, and it would be great to have less Aiptasia in our local community which will facilitate coral trading, swaps, etc amongst DFWMAS members. Unfortunately Aiptasia survive virtually any dip that does not involve a flamethrower or nuclear detonation.

In general I don't recommend just one Berghia. Berghia are far more effective if you have breeders producing dozens of baby Berghia to hunt down hidden baby Aiptasia. However I am flexible on sizes/numbers/etc for DFWMAS members and respect your right to choose what works best for you.

Offers for Aiptasia donations are appreciated, but I maintain an isolated Berghia/Aiptasia system and don't want to risk introducing and then redistributing unknown organisms. If you have a few thousand Aiptasia to donate, it would be worth discussing, or even better you could get some Berghia from me and start your own Berghia ranch for fun and profit!

This is what a healthy Aiptasia monoculture looks like-
1674191045874.png